flexibility with adding a third passenger

Bsw0619

So my fiancé and I are in the process of adoption and may need a cabin that holds 3 people. How flexible is Carnival with this? Is there a way to secure a room that may hold 3 people and still just reserve for 2 until we have further clarity on the situation ? Thanks for the feedback.

So my fiancé and I are in the process of adoption and may need a cabin that holds 3 people. How flexible is Carnival with this? Is there a way to secure a room that may hold 3 people and still just reserve for 2 until we have further clarity on the situation ? Thanks for the feedback.

hi there

Just call them, explain your situation. They may allow you to book a the cabin but they might say that they would be allowed to move you if necessary.

hope this helps

Congratulations. I am a chosen child. Best of luck.

While I see you are new to Cruise Critic I don't know how new you are to cruising. Just a heads up, if you are adopting a newborn the child must be 6 months to sail (exception is 12 months for a Transatlantic / Transpacific).

Be certain all you paperwork is in order. If you are denied boarding for paperwork snafus you lose your entire cruise fare.

Now about that booking. Sometimes they will allow you to book two people in room for three. It will depend on the level of demand for that sailing. When you add the third person it will be at the current rate. And the ship cannot have reached capacity. Understand that even if you have a three person room the ship can reach a limit of lifeboat seats.

You might think about booking now with the $50 deposit and just list your addition as TBA. Then you would only lose the $50 deposit if you canceled before final payment date. While there is no way to know for sure the current trend seem to be prices are climbing.

It will cost you if you booked ER.

Springs741 gave you the best advice. Book the third spot as "TBD" now. Otherwise a couple things might happen:

1) If you book 2 people in a 3 person cabin, they might bump you to a 2 person cabin to make room for someone else.

2) If you are lucky not to get bumped, and the cruise sells out, you won't be able to add another person even if you have room in your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app