Advice & Tips for The Dawn

dmac37

We will be on the Dawn this weekend and hoping to get some last minute advice on tips you may recommend. Feel free to post any type of advice you may have to get the most out of our time.

I have researched quite a bit on the CC forums but here are a few questions I have.

Best breakfast- MDR, Buffet or O'Sheehan's

Favorite bar/lounge area to enjoy a drink with a great atmosphere, good live music a plus

Favorite dish/meal, specialty restaurant and free meals- if you could go back what dish would be a must have

We will be on the Dawn this weekend and hoping to get some last minute advice on tips you may recommend. Feel free to post any type of advice you may have to get the most out of our time.

I have researched quite a bit on the CC forums but here are a few questions I have.

Definitely the MDR. Leisurely breakfast in a great atmosphere

Favorite bar/lounge area to enjoy a drink with a great atmosphere, good live music a plus

Definitely Gatsby's. Great music every night.

Favorite dish/meal, specialty restaurant and free meals- if you could go back what dish would be a must have

Los Lobos. We like to start with the guacamole made tableside and move on from there. the food is great!

Have a great cruise!

We were just on the Dawn over New Years Eve. We had a wonderful cruise. We only ate in the MDR one morning for breakfast and truthfully wasn't impressed. They had most the same food as the buffet with a few exceptions. They had some chocolate pancakes that looked absolutely delicious but really were not that good! I always went for the omelet station and ordered 2 eggs over medium.

I definitely encourage you to go to O'Sheehan's. They have delicious wings. Also really enjoyed their fajitas and spinach dip. The service their was also pretty fast. The dining room was good for dinner but the service was slow. My kids didn't mind the slow service and went most nights.

I am so wanting to go back. You will have a great time!!

Donna

Hi dmac,

Just cruised on the Dawn last week.

We chose the Garden Cafe for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. Very good! Of course, timing is crucial in finding a seat. We never really had a problem but didn't always find a window table.

Gatsby's for sure. Ariel is great! He does a lot of classics. Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc. Get there early for anything going on there. Space is a premium.

Los Lobos was really nice. I had read a review that mentioned the restaurant a few days before we left home. Teppanyaki was also great!

Hope your weather is as great as we experienced!!

Happy Cruising!!!

1. I recommend the mohitos at the Moderno bar, even if you are not eating dinner there. Just go and sit at the bar.
  2. Make a reservation at Bamboo at the beginning of the cruise. We didn't and it sold out.
  3. See Second City. If you see them at in the Bliss lounge, get there early.