Taxi prices

PAcruiser19372

Gary, while I prefer to investigate things myself (especially when you've probably responded to this dozens of times over the years) I can't seem to locate these prices so knowing your knowledge Iwill just do it the easy way and flat out ask you. While I've done this before with just my wife there will now be five of us. Intending to taxi to Orient Beach, then to Maho, then back to either town or the cruise pier. Not sure how much this is going to add up with five of us but was wondering if you could provide prices. Thanks, Steve

Gary, while I prefer to investigate things myself (especially when you've probably responded to this dozens of times over the years) I can't seem to locate these prices so knowing your knowledge Iwill just do it the easy way and flat out ask you. While I've done this before with just my wife there will now be five of us. Intending to taxi to Orient Beach, then to Maho, then back to either town or the cruise pier. Not sure how much this is going to add up with five of us but was wondering if you could provide prices. Thanks, Steve

The link below gives the rates. Click on the chart to enlarge.

http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/

The link below gives the rates. Click on the chart to enlarge.

http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/

Hi Bob, thanks for the help. I had actually gone there the other day and wasn't quite sure about using the table as i was unsure if Phillipsburg/Great Bay was considered the pickup place for the port. Was also unsure what zone Orient Beach was in....figured Maho was the airport but that's why I had asked for help...wasn't quite sure about the table you mentioned so thought I'd check.

Hi Bob, thanks for the help. I had actually gone there the other day and wasn't quite sure about using the table as i was unsure if Phillipsburg/Great Bay was considered the pickup place for the port. Was also unsure what zone Orient Beach was in....figured Maho was the airport but that's why I had asked for help...wasn't quite sure about the table you mentioned so thought I'd check.

Quite welcome ... the cruise dock is in the Point Blanche zone, and Orient Beach is in the Orient Bay zone (11).

Edited by Bob7
typo

I will give you an estimate until Gary comes along and gives us the correct answer.:)

$7 pp from pier to Orient, $10 pp from Orient to Maho and $7 or $8 pp from Maho back to the town or pier.

I will give you an estimate until Gary comes along and gives us the correct answer.:)

$7 pp from pier to Orient, $10 pp from Orient to Maho and $7 or $8 pp from Maho back to the town or pier.

karysa,

I think your quotes are a bit low. Things change.

First off, I think the rates are based on the Philipsburg, vs. Point Blanche. That is, indeed, where the Cruise Facility is located, but I believe that is for companies and residents back in the Point Blanche area.

If your group of five wants a private taxi, vs. sharing a taxi with a few more, then I would estimate $9 pp Cruise Facility to Orient, $12 pp to Maho, and $9 pp back to the Cruise Facility.

Share and it would be a $ less on the legs, and if they really use the Point Blanche rate chart it might be a $ more, but I think that's a good estimate.

gary

karysa,

I think your quotes are a bit low. Things change.

First off, I think the rates are based on the Philipsburg, vs. Point Blanche. That is, indeed, where the Cruise Facility is located, but I believe that is for companies and residents back in the Point Blanche area.

If your group of five wants a private taxi, vs. sharing a taxi with a few more, then I would estimate $9 pp Cruise Facility to Orient, $12 pp to Maho, and $9 pp back to the Cruise Facility.

Share and it would be a $ less on the legs, and if they really use the Point Blanche rate chart it might be a $ more, but I think that's a good estimate.

gary

In my head I had the taxis full to Orient and from Maho :D it's the Orient -Maho route that I totally guessed at so being off $2 per person or $10 for 5 is pretty good actually.

• 1 month later...

:eek:Wow. I was thinking about doing the same thing with 6 of us, but hadn't done the math. I'm not thrilled with almost $200 in taxi costs. I read about taking the bus to Maho on another thread. That sounds like an adventure we would like anyway. The cost difference is making me LOVE the idea.