Looking for a new Favorite Drink

hoogie

When I make my BBC's I use Banana Liquer as well as a real banana. Then I mix it with the Baileys and Colada mix. Caneel Bay Resort on St Johns makes the best BBC I've ever had!

The traditional mudslide is also one on my favorites: Kahlua, Baileys, Vodka and cream/milk.

When I make my BBC's I use Banana Liquer as well as a real banana. Then I mix it with the Baileys and Colada mix. Caneel Bay Resort on St Johns makes the best BBC I've ever had!

The traditional mudslide is also one on my favorites: Kahlua, Baileys, Vodka and cream/milk.

Another version of the BBC whichc is awesome it to use the Godiva Chocolate Liquor. A chocolatey version of the BBC. . . yum!

One of the Key Lime Martinis was at Gaylords in Kauai, and the other was at a little restaurant in Old Town San Diego. They were both very different, the one in Kauai was more like a margarita taste...the one in San Diego had cream in it, much yummier!!!!

I'm fond of refreshing drinks that aren't super sugary. Mojito (fresh muddled mint only), lemon drop (try it with a limoncello on the side or as an extra shot mixed in), blue moon (kinda rich, but yummy), purple haze, blue hawaiian, cape cod (and all similar), mai tai, rum punch, tequila sunrise, margarita (regular or fruit). Just about any blue or purple drink seems to be good. Basically, anything with citrus or fresh juice is going to taste good to me. Mix in some vodka, rum, tequila, or whatever you prefer and presto--your new favorite drink. That's what my sister does and she's created some amazingly refreshing combinations.

The caveat for me is that I never, never order drinks with the well alcohol. I always order with my specific favorites. If there's vodka involved, I want Grey Goose, and so forth. IMO, life is just too short (as are cruises) to drink cheap alcohol. That includes wine as well. I would simply rather have less of the good stuff (that is what's good to me) then tons of the cheap stuff. I only have the good stuff at home, but really don't drink all that much (except on vacation) so it doesn't break the monthly budget.

As always this is JMHO and preferences.

beachchick

I'm planning to try a Mojito on my upcoming cruise. It's fresh mint, rum, soda and sugar, but I may ask them to go easy on the sugar. If you ever have a chance to try a "Dark and Stormy" those are really good also. Bermuda black rum and ginger beer. I'm not sure if they'd carry those items on a non-Bermuda cruise though.

We just got off the Navigator. When we asked for a mojito they said they couldn't make them because the ship did not have fresh mint.

It's a great drink though we had great ones in Miami the night before sailing.

Tillie

I really like chocolate martinis. The best one I ever had is made with Ketel One vodka and Godiva chocolate liqueur and the glass rim is dipped in chocolate powder. The drink is served very chilled. Delightful!

Another daintier drink I like is Kir Royale made with Creme de Cassis and champagne. It is a beautiful color.

When we lived in Kenya I was introduced to Pimms # 2, which is made with special Pimms and I'm not sure what else, but it is always served with a thick slice of cucumber. That lends a special flavor tothe drink.

A drink called Singapore Sling invented at Singapore's historic Raffles Hotel is a fruity concoction that is fun and festive to drink and you don't realize anything is happening, but when you go to stand up, your knees don't work. The next day, your head feels like lead.

My absolute favorite drink and I have to order it as soon as I'm on deck is a ice cold bucket of Corona, I highly recomend it. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 1/7/2006

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

RCI 2 times Song of America and Monarch of the Seas

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Looking to try some new drinks to see what my favorite new drink is going to be on the AOS next week and need some help.

Drink of the day's are usually too sweet, martinis are good but can only have a couple. Rum and coke, vodka and cranberry, mai tai's, headhunters, pina coladas-- all okay but I can get those here with little effort. Beer is always good but need a kicker once in a while.

Trying to find one that's exotic tasting, not too sweet and not too boozie.

Mojito's sound good, anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks..

A little late, but never too late for a new drink experience, especially onboard, eh? You just can't go wrong with Stoli Oranj with tonic, add a slice of fresh orange . . .great for the tropics AND other climates as well. This was suggested by the bartender at the Schooner Bar onboard Serenade of the Seas somewhere off the coast of Alaska . . .cruise and suggestion were both winners.

Looking to try some new drinks to see what my favorite new drink is going to be on the AOS next week and need some help.

Drink of the day's are usually too sweet, martinis are good but can only have a couple. Rum and coke, vodka and cranberry, mai tai's, headhunters, pina coladas-- all okay but I can get those here with little effort. Beer is always good but need a kicker once in a while.

Trying to find one that's exotic tasting, not too sweet and not too boozie.

Mojito's sound good, anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks..

A little overdue, but never too late for a new drink experience, eh? The bartender at The Schooner Bar on Serenade of the Seas suggested this somewhere off the coast of Alaska. Stoli Oranj and tonic with a slice of fresh orange. Great for the tropics AND other climates as well as it's not too sweet. If trying it at home, ONLY use Stoli Oranj as others have a different taste. Fair winds and calm seas!

Archived