Looking for a new Favorite Drink

hoogie

Looking to try some new drinks to see what my favorite new drink is going to be on the AOS next week and need some help.

Drink of the day's are usually too sweet, martinis are good but can only have a couple. Rum and coke, vodka and cranberry, mai tai's, headhunters, pina coladas-- all okay but I can get those here with little effort. Beer is always good but need a kicker once in a while.

Trying to find one that's exotic tasting, not too sweet and not too boozie.

Mojito's sound good, anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks..

My drink of choice is usually Southern Comfort on the rocks, but I really like Finlandia vodka and cranberry too, goes good with everything. But I had a new shooter yesterday night called Pink Panties. It's passionfruit rum (or vodka), cranberry juice and pineapple juice. It's also good on the rocks.

I'm planning to try a Mojito on my upcoming cruise. It's fresh mint, rum, soda and sugar, but I may ask them to go easy on the sugar. If you ever have a chance to try a "Dark and Stormy" those are really good also. Bermuda black rum and ginger beer. I'm not sure if they'd carry those items on a non-Bermuda cruise though.

Or a BAYBREEZE: double vodka, pineapple juice, cranberry juice.

I rarely know what to order, but a Baybreeze sounds like something I would enjoy. I'll have to remember that the next time I am out with adults.

As for Mojitos. . . yuck!! My brother was all over them when he came back from living in Miami for a year, and he insisted that I would love them. He was wrong. All of the ingredients seem to sound good, but the combination just doesn't work for me.

For really good mojitos:

YOU MUST CRUSH THE MINT LEAVES (NICE CLEAN ONES-NO STEMS) IN THE BOTTOM OF A CUP WITH THE SUGAR. THEN ADD THE SODA WATER AND MAKE WHAT IS CALLED A SIMPLE SYRUP. MY HUSBAND ACTUALLY PUTS THIS IN THE MICROWAVE FOR JUST A COUPLE OF SECONDS. THEN ADD THE RUM, ICE AND A TAD MORE SODA WATER. YUM !!!

DO NOT SKIMP ON THE SUGAR THO...... TOO SOUR OTHERWISE.

YEAH BABY!! , excellent suggestions so far, keep em coming. My mouth is watering.

My wife and I don't care for flying all that much and just 12 hours from now I'll be on my way out the door headed to the airport. We definitely need a good pre-flight cocktail. Right now I'm planning on putting some baileys and parrot bay into a big dunkin donuts ice coffee. I'll hold off until at least 6:00am before starting on it though, well maybe 5:30ish.

Hoog

Not terribly exotic, but my absolute favorite drink is Stoli Vanil Vodka and OJ on the rocks. Not sure if it has a name, but it is SO yummy - tastes like an orange julius or orange sherbert. Sometimes in the summer, we'll make these as frozen drinks with some vanilla ice cream and ice. This delightful concoction replaced my former favorite - the Colorado Bulldog (1 shot vodka, 1 shot kahlua, on the rocks - fill glass almost to top with Coke or pepsi, then finish with milk or cream - tastes like a Coke float).

Heather

Heather

Little Green Men.....two parts vodka, one part peach schnapps, one part meyers coconut rum, one part triple sec and one part melon ball. Pour over ice and top with orange juice and pineapple juice.....after a few you think you see - little green men....

Bushwacker!

Bushwacker recipe

4 oz cream of coconut

2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 oz Bacardi® black rum

1 oz dark creme de cacao

4 oz milk

Combine ingredients with two cups of ice in a blender. Blend until smooth, and serve up in two 12 oz cups.

P.S. I actually like to add a little Frangelica to mine and double the Bacardi and it also works better if you float a little 151 on top.

Not terribly exotic, but my absolute favorite drink is Stoli Vanil Vodka and OJ on the rocks. Not sure if it has a name, but it is SO yummy - tastes like an orange julius or orange sherbert. Sometimes in the summer, we'll make these as frozen drinks with some vanilla ice cream and ice.

I refer to this as a Creamsicle! I love them too! And SOOO easy.

Its like a Pina-Colada but it has frozen mango stuff on top and some other surprises as well. Try one and you will be hooked. Also if you go to Coco Cay, get a Coco Loco. Its very sweet but well worth it! You will not be disappointed!

Thanks

The Mango-Tango is very good too. I thought the Love Connection was the strawberry (red-white) version. Am I confused?

I agree with WIScruiser, love "Sex on the Beach"

Gotta be careful, it's made different on land...way too sweet.

Another good one is a BBC, Bailey's, banana and Colada. Really good, but too "milky" for drinking a lot of them.

Best bet is to sit to the left side of the pool bars (facing the front of the ship). Make friends with the bartenders and just ask them what they're making when they mix frozen drinks. The big ice crusher is there in front of you and often there is a bit of extra mix left that they will put in a small plastic cup and give you to try. Seriously, sit there for an hour or two and just ask for samples, "Wow, I always wondered what that tastes like" and "Oh, that sounds good, can I try a taste" always work well. You'll have a GREAT night!

Wow! I guess I don't get out much - I have never heard of some of these drinks, but they sound great! My go-to drink is an "MP" - Meyer's dark rum and pineapple juice. I may have to try some of these other libations on the Mariner Jan. 2!

Archived