Carnival Victory / Nassau questions

mroden2699

Hey guys, second time cruiser here. Anyways, wife and I are flying out to Miami March 9th, to cruise on the Carnival Victory. I have a few questions, and would greatly appreciate any input!

1) First time on Carnival Victory. I am curious how this compares to Carnival Liberty, if by any chance someone here has been on both. I reviewed the ships layout, and there seems to be almost NO difference. I'm certainly hoping to not have delays/technical failures like last time we were on Liberty! Overall, we had a fun time on Liberty but it could've went a lot more smoother. Hoping for a better experience with Victory.

2) My main question is, my Nassau itinerary? I am pretty much set on going to Atlantis (for now). But I'm curious if anybody has any other suggestions. All my co-workers say, once they visited Atlantis they pretty much had no reason to leave, which kind of swayed me. However, the $179/pp for the 'Atlantis Adventure Full Day w/ Lunch' is pretty pricey. Is there any cheaper alternatives to check out Atlantis? Ideally, I'd like to visit the water park, check out the aquarium, grab a bite to eat and relax on the beach...

3) How's the Nassau port? After a long day, I'd like to do some shopping, and possibly grab a bite to eat preferably close to the port. The only other ports I've been to are Cozumel, is it generally the same? (shopping/restaurants right next to ship). Any suggestions on things to do close to the port?

4) Also, I'd like to note that this is my first time where the cruise itinerary is OVERNIGHT. I'm assuming it's not much of a difference than normal itineraries other than you can stay out real late, and have more time to explore?

Thank you guys.

Edited by mroden2699

There will be shopping, but it is nothing like Cozumel.A large covered 'straw market' area, plus a shopping street much like downtown Cozumel, but more compact. No pretty malecon, no pretty shopping plaza like the one near the piers in Coz. And it's all within sight of your ship. Lots of eateries, too. EM