Segway Excursion in Aruba

RWolver672

We have the Segway excursion booked for our upcoming cruise and have a few questions.

The description says to bring towels and possibly a backpack. In all of the pictures, nobody has a backpack on. Is there a place to leave them while you are on the Segways?

Does everybody just wear their bathing suits for the Segway part?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

I assume you are doing a Segway tour that includes a stop for a swim. If so, you need something to hold your towel, wallet, sunscreen, camera, phone, etc. while you are riding the Segway. While some Segways I have ridden (and I've ridden a lot of them) have small pouches for your belongings on the front, from the photos I saw, the Segways used in Aruba don't have these pouches. So that's why they ask you to bring a backpack. The people in the photos may not be wearing backpacks, but you'll need it.

You will need to wear your swimsuit under your clothes. There won't be time on a Segway tour (nor likely the facilities) for changing in and out of a swimsuit.

Is it hard to learn how to ride them???

My one and only time, was in Atlanta - I was just under 50, and not particularly athletic. I found it very easy once I stopped being anxious. They have varying speeds they can be set to, and my tour guide put us on the lowest, which is equivalent to a fast walk. It's an interesting experience riding one, and I would actually like to try it again someplace.

DW finally got an answer from Carnival. They transport you to the Segways on a bus and let you leave your backpack on the bus while you are on the Segways.

By the way, the one review that I read said that they are easy to operate and they had kids that rode with them without any problems.

DW finally got an answer from Carnival. They transport you to the Segways on a bus and let you leave your backpack on the bus while you are on the Segways.

So, are they transporting your backpacks to the beach for you so you can have your towels, sunscreen etc?

Also, you might want to wear some sort of small pack for your phone (or camera) and wallet if you don't have pockets for them.

Is it hard to learn how to ride them???

DW and I (in our 60's) did a Segway excursion in San Juan and after about 10 minutes of instruction, we were on our way without any problems. They are incredibly fun and easy to navigate as long as you remember what body movements affect their direction and speed.

Edited by joepeka

So, are they transporting your backpacks to the beach for you so you can have your towels, sunscreen etc?

Also, you might want to wear some sort of small pack for your phone (or camera) and wallet if you don't have pockets for them.

From what I gather, they pick you up at the ship in a bus and take you to where the Segways are. You leave your things on the bus. Ride the Segways and return them to the starting point where the bus is. Then you ride the bus to the beach. After an hour and a half, they take you back to the ship.