Fly in ft lauderdale want to stay in ft but out of POM

helene109

Would like a hotel with transfer to POM but don't want to rent a car but husband wants to go to bass pro shops lol where do I start?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't heard of any Ft Lauderdale hotel offering transport to POM. Maybe someone else has...

You can always hire a shared shuttle or a private car or Uber to take you to POM. Prices will vary.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL/Hollywood area hotel and tourist info

Uber is widely used in the FLL/Miami area - you can go from FLL to POM for about $40 (for the car, not per person). Taxi on the same run will be closer to $75+tip

If you choose to stay in the FLL area there are many shared shuttle options that will get you to POM for about $15 per person - same fare will get you from POM back to FLL after your cruise.

Would like a hotel with transfer to POM but don't want to rent a car but husband wants to go to bass pro shops lol where do I start?

Since you are flying into FLL and sailing out of Miami, I really think a rental car is the best choice. You pick up the car in FLL, then pick any hotel you want between FLL and MIA. You can shop, do whatever you want. Then drop the car the next day at MIA rental return and take free shuttle to port from MIA. Free shuttle is only provided by National, Alamo, Enterprise, Thrifty. None of this works though if renting a car does not work at all for you. Just thought I would know this option is a possibility. This is the least expensive option. Uber is probably next.

There are no hotels in Ft Lauderdale with a complimentary shuttle to POM. A couple may arrange pay transfers, but you're better off making your own arrangements.

There are four nice hotels surrounding Bass Pro Shop at I-95 and Griffin Road in Dania Beach and all are new or nearly new...Courtyard (next door), Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn and Homewood Suites. From any of them it is a very short walk to BPS, so your husband can go back and forth and spend as much time there as he wants.

Then all you need is a shared shuttle ($15 pp) such as SAS the next day to the POM.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Wow I will look it up thanks so much!! Is there only one Homewood Suites I will try and find the address breakfast too!

Price a room with and without the transfers to POM so you can calculate how much you are actually paying for those transfers. I'll bet you will pay more for them than it would cost in Uber fare.

Between Homewood and BPS is the TriRail Station. It is very easy to jump on TriRail straight to MIA for $5 per person, but then taxi fare is $27 from MIA to POM. I have no clue what Uber would be from there. On weekends the trains run once per hour and takes 40 minutes to get to MIA.

Price a room with and without the transfers to POM so you can calculate how much you are actually paying for those transfers. I'll bet you will pay more for them than it would cost in Uber fare.

I did a quick check of room rates at Homewood Suites with and without the Miami Cruise package and it appears the extra cost for POM transfers is about $57 extra for two people, but is more if you have a 3rd or 4th person. It's also a pay in advance rate, so you need to be sure of your date and cruise.

I don't know for sure if that is a shared shuttle, but it probably is. I am also sure it's a set time so there would be no flexibility in the schedule. I'm thinking Uber would be around that much, it would be private, direct and on your schedule. As mentioned above, TriRail for two to MIA and a taxi to POM would be $37 for two people, a little lower if you use Uber.

Yes thanks for checking it out there will be 4 of us

Ouch! With 4 people in one suite it appears the extra charge for transfers to POM is about $92.

TriRail and taxi for 4 people would be about half that. Maybe someone here could tell you what UberX would be to POM from Homewood.

Yes after the cruise per person thru carnival one way

So $124 total for 4 people?

Uber XL would be half that and you wouldn't have to sit on a bus waiting for it to fill up, plus they would probably want you off the ship by 8:00 AM whereas with Uber XL you can take your time, have a leisurely breakfast and leave when you want.

Edited by Lido_Deck