Kroger 4x Fuel Points on Gift Cards

MikeMSD

Kroger is running a promotion this Fri-Sun for 4x fuel points on gift cards. You have to add an eCoupon to your Kroger card before you purchase the cards. I just got 1000 fuel points with a $250 Carnival gift card. I don't know if there's any regional availability restrictions, but figured I'd give everyone a heads up. I would have missed it except for the fact I wanted to get Sushi today and they had just put up the 4x points poster.

Kroger is running a promotion this Fri-Sun for 4x fuel points on gift cards. You have to add an eCoupon to your Kroger card before you purchase the cards. I just got 1000 fuel points with a $250 Carnival gift card. I don't know if there's any regional availability restrictions, but figured I'd give everyone a heads up. I would have missed it except for the fact I wanted to get Sushi today and they had just put up the 4x points poster.

Thanks for sharing, Mike! I'm going to Kroger tomorrow.

Interestingly, here in Arizona, Fry's Foods (which is a subsidiary of Kroger) is running the same fuel point promo but the only cruise line gift card they are selling are Celebrity. :(

That is interesting! I'm curious to find out what difference Kroger corporation sees. I wonder why/how they are targeting different customers based on logistics.

That is interesting! I'm curious to find out what difference Kroger corporation sees. I wonder why/how they are targeting different customers based on logistics.

I don't know but I am guessing that Fry's Foods operates as an independent entity under Kroger (kind of like Carnival Cruise Line is an independent entity under Carnival Corp and PLC) and therefore works it's own gift card arrangements.

It's not everywhere.

I considered gift cards, but can not be used for everything. They can not be used for Cheers.

Stated Carnival policy is that if you wish to buy Cheers with gift cards, you can do so onboard and they will honor the pre-departure price. I'm still paying down the balance on my cruise, so I'm using the opportunity to get cheap gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I considered gift cards, but can not be used for everything. They can not be used for Cheers.

Stated Carnival policy is that if you wish to buy Cheers with gift cards, you can do so onboard and they will honor the pre-departure price. I'm still paying down the balance on my cruise, so I'm using the opportunity to get cheap gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of a few days ago, you can now use Carnival Gift Cards online for the FunShops which includes Cheers. Put Cheers in your cart and there is now the option on the payment page to pay with a Gift Card.

I got an email last week saying it was up to the individual ship whether or not they would honor the pre purchase price when paying with Gift Cards onboard. I'm thinking now that you can in fact use GCs for Cheers, that they will not be doing it at all anymore.

Do not call as the CSRs there don't know anything about it. You must do it online.

As of a few days ago, you can now use Carnival Gift Cards online for the FunShops which includes Cheers. Put Cheers in your cart and there is now the option on the payment page to pay with a Gift Card.

I got an email last week saying it was up to the individual ship whether or not they would honor the pre purchase price when paying with Gift Cards onboard. I'm thinking now that you can in fact use GCs for Cheers, that they will not be doing it at all anymore.

Do not call as the CSRs there don't know anything about it. You must do it online.

Glad to hear you can now use gift cards for Fun Shop purchases, thanks!

Also, do you know the approximate price increase for liquor bottles if you wait to purchase until you are on board?