Harmony Questions:

I will be traveling on HOTS in a couple of weeks and have some questions:

1. For those that have used the Royal IQ on Harmony, how was your experience?

2. Soft serve Ice Cream - do they have it, if so where, and is it complimentary?

3. Is it worth it to purchase the WOW bands and why?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My cruise on Harmony is upcoming this summer.... while I am really intrigued with the WOW band concept, the one thing that bothers me is hearing from people who say you have to constantly take them off to hand to cashiers, bartenders, etc. Seems like that defeats the purpose if the POS terminals aren't within reach to the consumer. I would think the bartenders would have a mobile/wireless POS where they did not have to carry your WOW band all the way to the bar and then give it back. I can see mistakes happening since there is no ID on them. Other than it being a really cool room key and way to keep up with it at the pool, I'm disappointed that they didn't make better use of the technology when it comes to using it for seapass charges.

2. Soft serve Ice Cream - do they have it, if so where, and is it complimentary?

We were on in the summer, while Harmony was in the Med, so your experience may be different, but for what it's worth:

1) Did not work well at all. Very frustrating, but more recent comments I've read suggest it is working fine now.

2) soft serve was around, on the pool decks aft of bar I believe on both sides.

3) We did, and 2/3 of us really liked them. Especially if you have kids. My son didn't have to carry (and lose) his card. My husband didn't like it because you did have to remove the band occasionally to pay for a drink, but I found usually they were able to scan the band while it was still around your wrist. You DO still need your card to enter and exit the ship. It meant I didn't have to carry a purse or similar around the ship.

They have soft serve at mini bites.

Royal IQ worked fine for me, as did Voom.

We loved the wow bands. Bars and shops all had readers they just held up and you tapped your wrist on it. It beat trying to dig out a room key opening the door. The only time we had to take them off was in the main dining room and at the pool if we got drinks from the waiter. We put marks on them so we knew which was which.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

When I called customer service, I was told that there was no charge for the WOW bands. Now I'm confused...is there or isn't there a fee for them?

The posts here are correct. The phone person was wrong. (unless you are booked in a suite)

Just off Harmony yesterday.

1. Royal IQ app worked perfectly- paid the $7.95 for the ability to text others. Worked fine, and if you turn on notifications on your phone, you get notified on the front screen. Worked perfectly. Also, was able to use Royal IQ app to book specialty restaurants, book a show, and also cancel a show. No problems.

I guess the rest has been answered for you. Enjoy!