ventura oct1-15 - weather still good?

s&gsjollies

Im trying to choose a cruise for my mum and I and am limited with options because of dates etc and want to sail from southampton.

We're down to either a 7 day in June on Oriana (France and N Spain) or a 14 day in october on Ventura (Spain, France, Italy) but would like to get some idea of weather before committing (I know it's not an exact science!). Not wanting beaches/sunbathing but stroll-around weather.

Has anyone been on similar dates and how was it for you?!

Im trying to choose a cruise for my mum and I and am limited with options because of dates etc and want to sail from southampton.

We're down to either a 7 day in June on Oriana (France and N Spain) or a 14 day in october on Ventura (Spain, France, Italy) but would like to get some idea of weather before committing (I know it's not an exact science!). Not wanting beaches/sunbathing but stroll-around weather.

Has anyone been on similar dates and how was it for you?!

We generally cruise late September and into October, even into early Nov. Excellent time for a Med cruise, not quite as hot as in the mid summer but hot enough.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The last couple of years we have cruised late September/early October in the Canaries from Southampton. The weather noticeably deteriorates on the way home when we have stopped off in Lisbon and Northern Spain. Saying that the weather wasn't brilliant in the Canaries.

Thanks for the advice

Hmmm - basically it should be fine but you need to keep your fingers crossed as with anywhere.

I think the Canaries didn't have good weather generally last october - some big storm that swept through a large lump of Europe. We were very glad we were in Malta where it was still warm late October.

The Med in October seems like a safe bet - even though it's October it's early October. The Med should still be warm then from my experience (honeymoon in Rome in late October was about 18 a day if I recall correctly, which is a nice strolling temperature). If you go away in October you also get to spend a bit of the colder months somewhere warmer. There would be more ports on the cruise, but obviously there are more sea days.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by danielundecided

Have a look at this webpage - weather information for Rome in October 2016. As you can see the max daily temps were nicely in the 70s most days, even into the 80s once or twice.

Of course that was just last year, but you can play around with the settings and see what it was like for other years and other places.

Thanks for the fab weather listings - something to trawl for fothcoming trips. The Med looks lovely, fingers crossed, much better than trying to traps round in summer temps!

And yes, avoiding school holidays at all costs (after years of having to pay so over the odds), and crowds. Just a shame several trips we could have made are July/Aug and very little short haul from Southampton in September that we can make (mum won't fly!) Weather is usually lovely and most ships heavily booked, so wonder why?