Just off Regal. Any questions?

Mel2421

I tried to book the Sanctuary but they were booked. I suggest you go straight up after boarding. That being said the Retreat is real nice. That is the adult only pool area. You can book a cabana there a lot cheaper then at the Sanctuary. As for Amber Cove stay away from Coconut Cove excursion. The trip to the beach is long (about an hour) and the unpaved road is too dangerous to travel on. I felt like I would bounce off of the open air truck. There is so much dust and diesel fumes. Couldn't wait to return to the ship. The trip back took 1 hour and 10 minutes. Not fun! The all-inclusive drinks were not good. Only two local beers to choose from.

We have Platinum status and were in a suite so we have priority to tender, but basically, and it will be explained in detail, but you will get tender tickets in groups and then meet in a lounge they designate and they will call your ticket and then you can tender off.

We will be on the Regal for 2 weeks in March - can't wait! Do you know how the tendering process worked? Long waits? Smooth sailing? We have two tender ports - Princess Cays and Grand cayman.

You will go to the dining room where you will be given a number. Make sure that everyone in your group are with you when given a number. You will be seated while waiting for a range of numbers to be called. When called, you will be directed to the stairs leading to the tender.

There will be waits at the start of tendering process since everyone wants to get off first. When there are no more crowds especially late morning, it will be announced on public address system that you can go directly to tender and not pass thru the dining room.

Mel2421 As for Amber Cove stay away from Coconut Cove excursion. The trip to the beach is long (about an hour) and the unpaved road is too dangerous to travel on. I felt like I would bounce off of the open air truck. There is so much dust and diesel fumes. Couldn't wait to return to the ship. The trip back took 1 hour and 10 minutes. Not fun! The all-inclusive drinks were not good. Only two local beers to choose from.

Thanks for the Amber Cove info. Based on cautionary info we previously cancelled our planned Coconut Cove Beach Excursion & more recently gov't travel warnings deemed all areas of the Dominican Republic as "High Degree Of Caution". Fortunately this is a short port day - we'll stay close to the port area. Rumor has it that Princess may replace Princess Cays with Amber Cove to allow for parent company Carnival to regularly use PC which is now only done when no Princess ship is at PC. From all reports looks like Amber Cove is just not yet up to speed - we'll see in a week.

Mel2421 As for Amber Cove stay away from Coconut Cove excursion. The trip to the beach is long (about an hour) and the unpaved road is too dangerous to travel on. I felt like I would bounce off of the open air truck. There is so much dust and diesel fumes. Couldn't wait to return to the ship. The trip back took 1 hour and 10 minutes. Not fun! The all-inclusive drinks were not good. Only two local beers to choose from.

Thanks for the Amber Cove info. Based on cautionary info we previously cancelled our planned Coconut Cove Beach Excursion & more recently gov't travel warnings deemed all areas of the Dominican Republic as "High Degree Of Caution". Fortunately this is a short port day - we'll stay close to the port area. Rumor has it that Princess may replace Princess Cays with Amber Cove to allow for parent company Carnival to regularly use PC which is now only done when no Princess ship is at PC. From all reports looks like Amber Cove is just not yet up to speed - we'll see in a week.

Please let us know about your stay in Amber Cove when you return. We have been to the DR many times and at this point are going to stay in port. Since The Regal will be the only ship in port that day, I am hoping we can snag a shady lounge chair in the shade.

Thanks for posting. Did you try the Sanctuary? Did you get to Amber Cay? If so, what did you do and how did you like it?

We loved the Sanctuary. We were only able to book 3 or 4 half days, and felt lucky to get that! Run, don't walk up there as soon as you board!

We did an excursion to the DR through the ship - decided not to do an independent trip as we were unfamiliar with the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked on the US Department of State website and there are no warnings or alerts for the Dominican Republic. Can you be more specific please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

US State Department detail under safety & security and Au.gov is more specific on High Degree of caution. Just some know before you go stuff.