Just off Regal. Any questions?

Mel2421

We will be on the Regal for 2 weeks in March - can't wait! Do you know how the tendering process worked? Long waits? Smooth sailing? We have two tender ports - Princess Cays and Grand cayman.

We didn't have any issues tendering at St. Thomas. We had booked through Princess so that may have had something to do with it. The other tender line didn't seem so long.

We didn't have any issues tendering at St. Thomas. We had booked through Princess so that may have had something to do with it. The other tender line didn't seem so long.

Over many years - never had to tender at port of St Thomas - either Havensight (WICO) or Crown Bay - now most often Havensight - a good thing.

It was scary and the trip was an hour of being tossed around an open air truck. The road was unpaved and so uneven with huge grooves and the driving was slow and painful. I kept hitting the side hard. I felt like like my spine was adjusted. Please do not go on this if you have any back or neck problems. We filled out a report with Princess when we returned and got back a 50% refund. We were so disappointed with this excursion. The excursion we did in St. Thomas was amazing. The Champagne, Snorkel and St. John one. I loved that one through Princess.

Wonder if Martin Moss is coming back, he was our CD on the Regal in October/November. We board on 2/19, I thought we used to get emails from Princess telling us who the Captain,CD, etc. was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We board on the 19th also. We used to received emails with information about the CD and entertainment/movies to expect on our cruise. Our past few cruises all we have received is something about the captain and dining.

we are on next week. do you recall what movies they are playing under the stars? not sure if i should go to the theatre tomorrow for LaLaland, or wait to see it on the ship? a few others i want to see also. TIA

The Magnificent Seven, Cirque Du Soleil : Corteo, Cirque du soleil: Dralion, Secret life of Pets, Hachiko: A Dog's Story, Jurassic World, Keeping up with the Joneses, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Eddie the Eagle, Florence Foster Jenkins and Finding Dory. Enjoy!

we are on next week. do you recall what movies they are playing under the stars? not sure if i should go to the theatre tomorrow for LaLaland, or wait to see it on the ship? a few others i want to see also. TIA

Just got off on Sunday, not on the ship.

The Magnificent Seven, Cirque Du Soleil : Corteo, Cirque du soleil: Dralion, Secret life of Pets, Hachiko: A Dog's Story, Jurassic World, Keeping up with the Joneses, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Eddie the Eagle, Florence Foster Jenkins and Finding Dory. Enjoy!

I am still at a loss why they showed Hachiko at MUTS during one of the last sea days. While a decent movie was very sad (without going into too much detail). Not quite the uplifting movie to see while on vacation.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Colette0216!

If you are sailing on the Regal 2/5-12, then please check out the Roll Call. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2268940

You'll probably not want to read everything so just go to the lasts posts and look for my screen name as I've posted the details of activities our Roll Call is doing, including a Meet & Greet (M&G) on 2/6. In that same post is a flier if you prefer to print that.

Hope to meet you at the M&G if you are on the same cruise!

--Leah

PS: apologies to OP for this temporary highjack of your thread :o

Wonder if Martin Moss is coming back, he was our CD on the Regal in October/November. We board on 2/19, I thought we used to get emails from Princess telling us who the Captain,CD, etc. was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We depart 2/19 also hope to see you on board

Hi! We're sailing in three weeks (7 day Caribbean), and I'm in planning mode, so your offer comes at the perfect time. Here are my questions:

1. Are there formal nights? One or two? Can women get away with a cute dress even if not black tie style?

2. There's an adult-only swimming pool area that doesn't charge extra, right? How crowded is it? Do you have to claim a chair before breakfast to get a spot? (We went on the Royal some years back and it was very uncrowded, but that was a Med cruise so maybe people were there more for the ports than the sun).

Thanks!!

Hi! We're sailing in three weeks (7 day Caribbean), and I'm in planning mode, so your offer comes at the perfect time. Here are my questions:

1. Are there formal nights? One or two? Can women get away with a cute dress even if not black tie style?

2. There's an adult-only swimming pool area that doesn't charge extra, right? How crowded is it? Do you have to claim a chair before breakfast to get a spot? (We went on the Royal some years back and it was very uncrowded, but that was a Med cruise so maybe people were there more for the ports than the sun).

Thanks!!

There are two formal nights. One was the second sea night and the other one was the night before the last sea night. So we left Sunday and Formal nights were Monday and Friday night.

The adult only pool is free and it is called the Retreat. I did not have trouble finding a lounge chair.

Let me try to answer for you. I have been home for a week. 1. Yes there are tables outside if you go all the way to the back of the shift on the Lido desk. 2. There are 2 formal nights on the 7 day cruise. Many women were in cocktail type dresses. Hope this helps

Is there anywhere to eat outside? We'll be on the Royal in June & I'm under the impression they have the same layout? Thanks

There are tables by the fountain pool at Lido deck. You can have the food there from the nearby Trident Grill and Prego Pizzeria. You can also bring there the food from the Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro.

Thanks!!

Depending on the cruise you may have to claim a chair before breakfast. But, do not place something on the chair to hold it while you leave for any extended time. This is a very HOT topic on Cruise Critic and the rules are that if a chair is unoccupied for 20 minutes your belongings can be removed for someone else to sit there.