VIP Boarding Lounge-Miami

TVAN

Question about VIP boarding lounge in Miami.

We are booked for February 2018. We are in a Grand Suite and our adult daughters are across the hall.

In 2010 we did a similar set up and our daughters were able to join us in the VIP lounge. The reason we were given them was their sign and sail was on our account.

Any experience in this group regarding this type of question that has recent experience?

I am not sailing on this cruise with you but thought I would answer your question. I took my grandson and his wife with me on a cruise last year and had them on my ss and was told by Carnival that they did not allow guests to bring other passengers (including family) that were in other cabins with them to the VIP lounge unless they were under a certain age. You may want to call Carnival or your TA to verify this. My grandson and his wife had to board separate.

Question about VIP boarding lounge in Miami.

We are booked for February 2018. We are in a Grand Suite and our adult daughters are across the hall.

In 2010 we did a similar set up and our daughters were able to join us in the VIP lounge. The reason we were given them was their sign and sail was on our account.

Any experience in this group regarding this type of question that has recent experience?

Carnival closed that loophole a couple of years ago.

You are free to sit in gen pop with your adult daughters or purchase FTTF for their cabin.

Have a great cruise.

They will not be admitted in the VIP lounge unless under 12. On a side note, the VIP lounge these days is a ZOO! Sooooo many platinum and diamond VIP guests it is sooo crowded. My advice is to arrive after 1 pm, you will feel like a VIP and breeze through the line with no waiting!

They will not be admitted in the VIP lounge unless under 12. On a side note, the VIP lounge these days is a ZOO! Sooooo many platinum and diamond VIP guests it is sooo crowded. My advice is to arrive after 1 pm, you will feel like a VIP and breeze through the line with no waiting!

Not sure about the age being under 12 but know for sure if they are adult then they will not be allowed. I also agree the VIP is a ZOO. It was awful last May.

Arriving later in the process is the way to go. All those cruises to get priority embark and now we intentionally go later. What a messed up system.

Carnival closed that loophole a couple of years ago.

You are free to sit in gen pop with your adult daughters or purchase FTTF for their cabin.

Have a great cruise.

Even buying FTTF for their cabin will not get them in the lounge. FTTF sit upstairs.

The last thing I would call that area is a "lounge". Chairs in a cramped area. When you enter, someone takes your boarding passes and tells you to sit & wait. After 20 minutes, I had to use the restroom, and the lady did not want to let me back in because I did not have my pass! Finally got back in, and we sat another 20 minutes. From start to finish, took us almost an hour.

It must be Miami, as every cruise out of there has been lackluster, confusing and I don't want to leave from there again. Every other port has been wonderful and smooth. No muss, no fuss. Port Canaveral being the best.

The last thing I would call that area is a "lounge". Chairs in a cramped area. When you enter, someone takes your boarding passes and tells you to sit & wait. After 20 minutes, I had to use the restroom, and the lady did not want to let me back in because I did not have my pass! Finally got back in, and we sat another 20 minutes. From start to finish, took us almost an hour.

It must be Miami, as every cruise out of there has been lackluster, confusing and I don't want to leave from there again. Every other port has been wonderful and smooth. No muss, no fuss. Port Canaveral being the best.

I am also not a fan of the Miami boarding process and I would agree Canaveral is the best.