Vista: Havana Interior or Deluxe OV?

scoutfinch72

I'm still mulling over possibilities for a surprise cruise for DH's 40th in 2018. We have very small windows of time in which to sail. I was originally trying for his birthday month, but the window then is too tight, so now I'm looking at June or August. He really wanted to see the ABC Islands and I really want to sail the Vista. There is a June 2018 sailing that matches up, but Havana Cabanas and even regular balconies are out of the budget. I'd really like to stay in the Havana area but I'm not sure about booking an interior. The other option would be a deluxe OV for just about the same price. We sailed in an OV on our first cruise on the Valor in December and liked having the window and the couch, but I'm wondering if outdoor spaces in Havana might be more appealing and make the interior worth it?

We have always cruised with a balcony and just got back from the Vista yesterday. We had an aft balcony in the Havana area. We talked about different rooms and said if we had the Havana area, we would possibly do an inside room. We spent almost ALL of our time out there and LOVED it!!! I don't think I could do an inside in a regular area of the ship though

Based on booking experiences- I would say Havana Interior to get access to the whole Havana area. Our Vista trip this November will be a cove balcony, but we decided for the Horizon in March 2019 to do an interior Havana so we can use the private area all day instead of just at night. The interior part sounds not great, but we'll be extra committed to spending a lot of time outside enjoying the hot tubs and Havana lounge areas instead.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the reviews and doing research, many dates for certain itineraries such as southern caribbean are already sold out for the 14 Havana interiors on the Vista for Jan through April of 2018. We were contemplating it for late August of 2018, but decided to go one better and chose the same time frame on the Horizon going to Grand Turk, San Juan and Amber Cove and backed it up with a Feb 2019 southern sailing going to Aruba, Curacao, La Romana and Grand Turk. Both are in a Havana inside. We figure that the Horizon will make improvements over a few of the flaws on the Vista and we'll have the havana area to relax in with the Cheers package and it won't be crowded like the other pool areas or Serenity. And since you need to be 12 to be in the Havana area, no little rug rats to deal with either.