Regency near airport?

TSUmom

We are looking at staying at the Regency near MIA. Our flight does not arrive until after midnight, they have a 24 hour shuttle (I have actually found some airport hotels service stops before midnight) Since we do not arrive until so late and will be heading to the airport in the morning we are hoping it is a decent place....Has anybody stayed there? Trip advisor has ok reviews but I find I trust cruise critic more....

We are looking at staying at the Regency near MIA. Our flight does not arrive until after midnight, they have a 24 hour shuttle (I have actually found some airport hotels service stops before midnight) Since we do not arrive until so late and will be heading to the airport in the morning we are hoping it is a decent place....Has anybody stayed there? Trip advisor has ok reviews but I find I trust cruise critic more....

No it is a dump. Don't stay here if you place any value on your personal safety.

La Quinta East and the next door Embassy Suites MIA are popular with cruisers and include a "free" shuttle to POM; better hotels in a nicer area are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.). Use a taxi for about $10+ if the hotel shuttle stops running by the time you land.

No it is a dump. Don't stay here if you place any value on your personal safety.

Thank you - so glad I asked!!

I will keep searching. We need a clean, safe and inexpensive hotel with a 24 hour airport shuttle. Just a few hours of sleep, a shower and coffee. Any ideas?

Not sure about inexpensive, but there is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel :rolleyes: - so no shuttle required.

I would not rule out a hotel for not offering a 24 hour shuttle - taxis and Uber are cheap and easy for the short distance you will be travelling.

Edited by JohninDC

Thank you all. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami in the past and thought about staying there again. Since we do not get in until so late we will probably just stay in one of the nicer hotels near the airport and use taxis. Thank you again for your suggestions.