Escape tips for 5 year old boy

Gaprofitt

Getting him registered and attending the Kids Club on the very first event is important. They do a great job of making kids feel comfortable and making new friends especially that first night.

Also, my tip, when my kids were that age is I would feed them from the buffet an hour before kids club opened, even bringing the plate of food back to our room, he can sit on the balcony and eat while you get dressed and ready. Then I'd drop off at kids club and husband and I could go and have a nice adult dinner. My 5 year olds didn't want to sit thru a nice dinner, this plan worked perfectly of all of us.

This is a big one.....bring goggles, a mask and snorkel for him! Let him practice using a snorkel in the bathtub at home before you leave. This will make beach days great!

I think he would enjoy the dueling pianos, magician and hypnotist which they will probably have on board.

Make time for rest. The days are fun but long! Port days mean up and out early. If you are going to the beach, maybe he can lay down. I remember one year I took a bed sheet and during the afternoons at the beach I would put the sheet over a lounge chair sort of making a tent and out of the sun. My daughter napped in her little cabana. He might love kids club so much he doesn't want to miss the evening fun. If he rests during the day, he'd be able to make it for the big evening programing.

As far as the water slides go, before you stand in line for 45 minutes to learn this, they do not allow you to have any jewelry, or sunglasses or watch or even your room keycard in your swimsuit pocket. Figure this out before you've waited in line and have no one to hold your stuff! I learned that the hard way.

Find the self serve ice cream in the buffet. He'll love making his own cone.

Edited by Vyhanek

We just got back from a family cruise on Escape.

Four grandsons went - ages 1, 1 1/2, 3 an 8.

The two youngest went to Guppies several times, but the older boys would not go to the kids club. :rolleyes:

They loved the juggler/comedian -- if you go, get seats up close to the stage.

The servers in the MDRs brought them their kids meals out ahead of everyone else's food. We found the servers in Taste more attentive than the ones in Savor for some reason.

In the specialty restaurants the kids were given the children's menus from the MDR to order from.