Le Cirque not offered on select sailings

akenned

I am sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November and I noticed that Le Cirque is no longer offered. So, I called Holland America and I was told that for some sailings, they will offer the 'Sel de Mer' instead. after speaking with the HA rep, I get the impression that they are going to eventually discontinue Le Cirque on all ships . Is the Sel de Mer worth trying? I am disappointed Le Cirque will not be available on my sailing but I am intrigued by the menu of Sel de Mer as I do enjoy good French cuisine. I'm interested to hear others opinions regarding this.

Is the Sel de Mer worth trying?
The one on the Koningsdam that has its own space definitely is, but I have no idea how it will be on ships where it is in the PG space occasionally.

Edited by jtl513

To me it's not but my wife is Italian and her cousin and brothers own a restaurant in It. and he spent 6 yr in France,claims to be the only French Chef in Italy. I say he's from the Muppets. There is plenty of good food to go around anyway so I don't suffer much.

Our Eurodam cruise alternated between Le Cirque and De librije (not Sal de Mer). My understanding is that Sal de Mer is a permanent alternative dining venue spot on the Konigsdam. I might be mistaken on this (?).

I wouldnt conclude that alternating weeks between venues means Le Cirque is being discontinued. It's been around for a few years now, and I think it's still quite popular. It was the dining highlight of our recent cruise, I would be sad to see it go.

Our Eurodam cruise alternated between Le Cirque and De librije (not Sal de Mer). My understanding is that Sal de Mer is a permanent alternative dining venue spot on the Konigsdam. I might be mistaken on this (?).

I wouldnt conclude that alternating weeks between venues means Le Cirque is being discontinued. It's been around for a few years now, and I think it's still quite popular. It was the dining highlight of our recent cruise, I would be sad to see it go.

We were among the first to try Le Cirque when it began many years ago. And we love it. We go to every one on a cruise.

We had the same situation in 2015 on the Eurodam -- one week was Le cirque and the other week was de Librije.

Howdy, we enjoyed your review of the Eurodam in another thread. :)

Yes, you are correct that Sel de Mer was not on the Eurodam in Jan. and that it is a permanent alternative dining venue spot on the Konigsdam.

However, it would seem that Le Cirque is being replaced as one of the alternatives on future sailings.

On an upcoming cruise, we can no longer book Le Cirque, (although it was offered a month ago) but we were able to reserve a spot at Sel de Mer yesterday (without any prepayment), since you pay for what you order.

We did enjoy Le Cirque, but also looking forward to trying something new.

My understanding is that Sal de Mer is a permanent alternative dining venue spot on the Konigsdam. I might be mistaken on this (?)
Right now it is, but it will be introduced on other ships in the PG as Le Cirque is phased out.