Help and avice please.

murphs14

After reading your replies I've come to the conclusion that you guys are fooling yourselves and been brainwashed by the cruise companies. It's not your job to pay their staff properly, it's theirs! My God, when was the last time you stayed in a five star hotel and had to research the room?

Avoiding sales people with photos and food is also not my idea of a relax.

Still, everyone to their own. You really should get together somehow and put your collective foot down and force them to stop taking advantage of you.

After reading your replies I've come to the conclusion that you guys are fooling yourselves and been brainwashed by the cruise companies. It's not your job to pay their staff properly, it's theirs! My God, when was the last time you stayed in a five star hotel and had to research the room?

Still, everyone to their own. You really should get together somehow and put your collective foot down and force them to stop taking advantage of you.

Hi, Murphs,

Your post doesn't surprise me - your attitude on this thread was pretty negative from the outset, and I'm surprised that you've persisted.

Or did you just feel the need to let off steam? :rolleyes:

OK, so cruising's not for you, but there's no need or justification for you to say that cruisers are fooling themselves or being brainwashed - we just take these things into account when considering the pros & cons, including total costs. That comes naturally to those who live in a culture of large tips and add-ons, but it's something you and I have to do in the US and elsewhere, and the reason why I shun the bars and dining rooms in 5* hotels even in the UK. And BTW I always research hotels before booking them, regardless of the number of stars.

Yes, each to their own, and best that you stick with Bora Bora.

But remember, in the morning the view from your balcony will be the same as it was the previous evening ;)

JB :)

So, what do plan to do instead of going on a cruise?

Define noisy.

We have had only a few cabins with noise from identifiable sources. A few 20-something guys sharing their balcony cabin with a few 20-something guys across the hall. A couple who thought their country-western music would be enjoyed by everyone else out on their balconies. Two young men who quickly picked up two young women, one of whom we christened the "giggler," She giggled at every comment anyone else made. And one under the pool deck with chairs being dragged around.

But the noises that really bother me are the creaks and rattles coming from inside the walls. Nearly every cabin we have been in had some level of that. And nothing can be done about it.