1st Time Doc Dance (Or "What's the point??")

rgnok

Ok, off on our first cruise, Splendour of the Seas, on 12/15. I just got our docs and have one simple question . . .

What's the big deal over getting the docs -- it LOOKS to me like what I got in the mail is exactly the same as what I print from the Internet, nothing more or less. Am I missing something, or is the excitement just receiving that tangible "thing" in the mail?

- Roger

That's kind of what I THOUGHT, but wanted to be sure I'm not missing something!

Now . . . don't get me wrong -- I'm so excited I can hardly sleep nights (and this cruise is a surprise for everyone else in my house, so I'm having to fight to hide my excitement:) ). Gonna be a long 33 days!!

That's kind of what I THOUGHT, but wanted to be sure I'm not missing something!

Now . . . don't get me wrong -- I'm so excited I can hardly sleep nights (and this cruise is a surprise for everyone else in my house, so I'm having to fight to hide my excitement:) ). Gonna be a long 33 days!!

A surprise for everyone??!! Gosh...I hope no one else in the house is as thoughtful as you,at the same time:D .

Have a great trip!

Our "doc dance" is similar to the dance we do in our stateroom once we are onboard. Since neither of us can really dance, we just jump up and down. Perhaps it would be a little more exciting if you could share it with someone (besides here!) instead of keeping it a secret.

The docs just represent reality, the cruise is really gonna happen soon!

The most thrilling docs were our first. The package was our air tickets, ground transportation tickets, cruise tickets. It all came in a wonderful package, done nicely by the Disney Cruise Co. We have never received docs as nice as those ever since.

I probably would not get too excited if all they looked like was my email confirmation either:rolleyes: .

@rgnok,

Hey hello there, I am also on that cruise, and it also my first time cruising. It is nice to hear of someone that will be on the same cruise as myself from these boards. Anyway, I have not received any docs yet, but I am so excited I am about to pop! Luckily my girlfriend is the TA that put it all together, and I have learned so much from these boards that I am not even worried. It should be a great time for us all!

Well I'd be dancing if I could have EITHER of the printed-out versions or the big, fancy spiral-bound docs. We sail in 29 days, and I still haven't received the package from my TA, nor can I print from the site. I've heard so much about the doc dancing that I'm feeling quite ripped off!

I don't know how you could possibly contain yourself when it's a surprise for everyone else? Are you an actor Roger? :) lol ...I hope you have your camera out for the stunned & happy reactions you're sure to get...

Ok, off on our first cruise, Splendour of the Seas, on 12/15. I just got our docs and have one simple question . . .

What's the big deal over getting the docs -- it LOOKS to me like what I got in the mail is exactly the same as what I print from the Internet, nothing more or less. Am I missing something, or is the excitement just receiving that tangible "thing" in the mail?

- Roger

I agree Roger. Personally I've never understood "the document dance". Well, maybe when I was 6 and it was Christmas Morning ;)

-Monte

travelingdiva - Neat, so far, on the Roll Call, I have seen 4 or 5 people from our sailing on 12/15, but I'm surprised not to see more!

Keishaw,

We're sailing Splendour on 12/15 and the packing list in our package says our docs were sent on 11/8 (We got yesterday, 11/11). Bit of a surprise as I was expecting via US Mail sent to my PO Box that only I check (cruise is surprise), but package came to my house via UPS!! Fortunately, I am self employeed and do a lot of shipping, both send and receive, and the package was from "RCI CEL" and just a plain old white shipping pouch, now, knowing what's up, I immediately knew what it was, but it was nothing that would have tipped my wife off! On the inside where "Royal Caribbean" envelopes clearly marked "Cruise tickets for:" and the individual names, but fortunately for my surprise, noting on the outside!

Any way, I'd expect my docs any day if I were you!

Happy ks,

I'm taking my wife and 2 girls (Surprising them), and my sister is coming also, bringing our mom (Surprising her), so I am at least getting together with her about once a week and talking through our plans, so I do have that outlet for my excitement!

Love this board, though -- great outlet and so much information!

Our planned (and booked) cruise is a year away from yours - 12/16/2006 - and I couldn't be more excited for you. Isn't that silly? And I just cannot get over the fact that you are surprising your family. I only wish that my DH didn't have such a big mouth, and we could, at the very least, surprise the kids with the trip next year. Unfortunately, by the time they are all on summer vacation and wanting to know where we are going "on vacation," I know that he will have to blab about us waiting until the beginning of their Christmas break for our family vacation.

That planned cruise will be our first one with the kids, and if it is successful, I am hoping to plan another one for 2008. Maybe that is the one that I can keep as a "surprise" ;) .

Have a fantastic time on your pre-Christmas voyage!!! I can't wait until next year, when I will be doing my own "dancing"!!:cool::cool:

Sounds like you are doing a "Mental" Doc Dance!!!

LET IT OUT BUDDY!!!!!!

Archived