"Shared" tours in Livorno

tartana

We are a party of two and are looking for shorter, guided excursions/tours in the ports on our Mediterranean cruise in September. I have been researching hours upon hours and contacted several reputable companies; however, I am having trouble getting prices for just two people that aren't exorbitant (like a price for 6-8 people). My roll call has no activity - there are very few members and no one is talking about excursions at this point. Can anyone give me recommendations for any tours from Livorno or in France, Marseille where I could join a smaller shared tour? TIA :)

First, you might be a little early for September cruise roll calls. The interest is just starting...

Second, in many of the cases you are asking about, vendors have a van available for 8 people. They are expecting you to arrange the group- you are renting the vehicle, it is your responsibility to put in it as many people as you chose. You could rent a smaller vehicle- for two people.

Rome in Limo has a "tour share" part of their website, and they operate in the Florence/Livorno area. Have you looked there?

Edited by CruiserBruce

First, you might be a little early for September cruise roll calls. The interest is just starting...

Second, in many of the cases you are asking about, vendors have a van available for 8 people. They are expecting you to arrange the group- you are renting the vehicle, it is your responsibility to put in it as many people as you chose. You could rent a smaller vehicle- for two people.

Rome in Limo has a "tour share" part of their website, and they operate in the Florence/Livorno area. Have you looked there?

That is very helpful - thank you. I see on their site where you can join or create "groups" for their tours. There is one on the day I am looking but the others are from a different ship. I assume as long as the times overlap okay, that wouldn't be a problem. I will keep an eye out. Thanks again.

Plan the trip that you want I suggest Rome in Limo as a tour company they were amazing. They have several tours to choose from. Then go to your roll call page or Facebook group for the cruise and try to get people that want to go. Four people will run you about 550 I think. We loved having the smaller group because they could dart in and out of parking spots easier and get you closer to areas. If that doesn't work join the tour sharing group for the tour you want to do. In Livorno we did Florence saw David did a little shopping then we went to a winery for lunch and wine tasting then we went to San Giamanno (sp) for the afternoon we loved our day.