carnival Magic staggered check in question

We are also sailing on the Magic in November and don't have the option yet. Some have stated they received an email prior to it becoming an option to choose. I think we have some time to worry about it but it will definitely show up in your on-line check-in screen on the left hand side when it does become available. It will be here before you know it. :D

We are booked on the magic in September and the magic just started the staggered check in. We don't have the option yet to choose a check in time. Does anyone know when this will become available? I am not paid in full yet fyi.

Just keep checking.

We are booked on the magic in September and the magic just started the staggered check in. We don't have the option yet to choose a check in time. Does anyone know when this will become available? I am not paid in full yet fyi.

You just have to regularly check it.

• 4 weeks later...

We also were able to pick our time when we checked in online. I wonder if certain floors get to pick earlier than others or if the level matters. We are in a balcony cabin on the spa deck and are gold level VIFPs and are sailing on March 25th. I hope you get to pick your time soon.

The ports authority sets the time frame as to when staggered check-in can begin. So as they get their general operational schedule together they will then inform each cruise line they deal with as to what options they can post.

For some ports this may be available 2 years out for a cruise while at others you may not get to choose until a mere 60 days before departure.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

We are going to be on the Magic in July and can't pick our boarding time yet either. It's probably too early yet.

We are on the Magic July 2nd. We have FTTF but a few weeks ago I was looking at my reservation and saw that I was able pick a check in time

Carnival Magic sails from Port Canaveral. This port seems to be having terrible traffic and logistics problems at boarding times on Saturdays. We sailed from this port a couple of weeks ago on Saturday and it took us over three hours to board due to traffic congestion. Our transfer van picked us up from our hotel within sight of the port at 12:00 and we got on board at 3:30. You might want to get to the port as early as possible, regardless of the boarding time you are assigned. Just saying...

We are going to be on the Magic in July and can't pick our boarding time yet either. It's probably too early yet.

You cannot select a boarding time. Boarding begins once everyone from the previous cruise has departed and the US Authorities "clear" the ship.

You will be permitted to select a check-in time (when you are allowed to enter the terminal).

Is there a preferred check-in time anyone recommends? TIA

That depends on whether you don't mind sitting and waiting after checking in to be one of the 1st onboard when general boarding starts or if you want to check-in and walk right on.

This was posted in your thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52439383&postcount=7

Purely a matter of personal preference.

Edited by lizardhowson

We were able to pick at 100 days

Good to know - will start checking about then.

I'd asked John Heald on the Facebook page and he said around 90 days out.

We want to be sure we get an early time since we have to checkout of our hotel and take their shuttle to the ship at whatever time they go :cool:

Good to know - will start checking about then.

I'd asked John Heald on the Facebook page and he said around 90 days out.

We want to be sure we get an early time since we have to checkout of our hotel and take their shuttle to the ship at whatever time they go :cool:

Our check-in time opened up for our June 11. cruise right after they went to staggered check-in. Because of traffic problems at this port we will be headed to port from hotel around 9:00 am. We park at port and use the 40% discount voucher the hotel gives you to park. Would rather get to port way early, park and get checked in then to get stuck in heavy traffic. :)