Booking as a solo on Divina

ldlewis45

So, I'm thinking about booking a cruise on the Divina in April, but every time I try to enter 1 person, it says every room is sold out. Does MSC just not sell to solo cruisers, or do you just have to call and do it over the phone?

Hi Idlewis45,

You may wany to try a longer period between booking and cruising. I booked into a balcony as a solo in September for a mid-February cruise and had no problems.

I also found that the MSC website functions poorly and was a source of frustration throughout the entire process.

I would try calling and booking your cruise and subsequently any extras through one of the MSC PCCs. You will probably have more luck.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I am cruising as a Solo but travelling with my family on the Meraviglia in October. Wouldn't let me book directly on the website but I rang MSC and they said no worries they could accommodate. After that my TA organised it no problem at all, although it did cost me the price as if two were travelling. I'd try a T A or ring MSC and book direct

Hi Idlewis45,

You may wany to try a longer period between booking and cruising. I booked into a balcony as a solo in September for a mid-February cruise and had no problems.

I also found that the MSC website functions poorly and was a source of frustration throughout the entire process.

I would try calling and booking your cruise and subsequently any extras through one of the MSC PCCs. You will probably have more luck.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I booked as a solo in the YC on the Divina last Oct. My son, who was supposed to go with me, got a new job and couldn't take any time off. So, I went alone.

You are absolutely correct about the MSC WEB site. It's atrocious. I ended up booking with an independent TA just so I wouldn't have to mess with MSC's Web site, it's so bad.

Hi

I'm back from the Divina and went as a solo. I booked through my TA, they had to add a dummy person onto the booking to complete it as there was no more single cabins, I paid just under the price for 2 but had a great time! Not sure how this differs from the states but this is how I did it from the UK.

Hi

I'm back from the Divina and went as a solo. I booked through my TA, they had to add a dummy person onto the booking to complete it as there was no more single cabins, I paid just under the price for 2 but had a great time! Not sure how this differs from the states but this is how I did it from the UK.

I heard about doing this also. Did you cancel the 2nd person before the cruise or were they just a no show? Curious as to how this works.

I heard about doing this also. Did you cancel the 2nd person before the cruise or were they just a no show? Curious as to how this works.

Yep they were classed as a no show, just told the lady at the desk when I checked in. You'll have to have access to another persons passport info to do this though.