Upgrade Advantage Program?

nena09

Hello everyone,

I recently booked mini suite with large balcony on the Norwegian Breakaway. So I got an email about Upgrade Advantage Programs that I have an opportunity to upgrade to The Haven. But, it seems like I have to put an offer of how much I'm willing to pay extra to get the upgrade. So basically the lowest I can pay per person is $500 and the highest per person can be $2,000, on top of that we already paid for the cruise in total. I didn't know that when you get an upgrade offer that you had to pay more. I thought they just gave it to you. (crazy I know lol)

I can put in an offer for $500 per person, but that will equal to $1000 more which is money I don't have and it's a possibility that Norwegian will even approve of that amount.

Did I explain it correctly or there is something I missed with this advantage stuff? Someone please explain!

Hello everyone,

I recently booked mini suite with large balcony on the Norwegian Breakaway. So I got an email about Upgrade Advantage Programs that I have an opportunity to upgrade to The Haven. But, it seems like I have to put an offer of how much I'm willing to pay extra to get the upgrade. So basically the lowest I can pay per person is $500 and the highest per person can be $2,000, on top of that we already paid for the cruise in total. I didn't know that when you get an upgrade offer that you had to pay more. I thought they just gave it to you. (crazy I know lol)

I can put in an offer for $500 per person, but that will equal to $1000 more which is money I don't have and it's a possibility that Norwegian will even approve of that amount.

Did I explain it correctly or there is something I missed with this advantage stuff? Someone please explain!

If you don't have the extra money, then don't put in an offer. If you do, and it is accepted, your credit card will be charged immediately.

I received the email last night. I'm also sailing on the breakaway I had a spa mini suite booked. My starting offer was $400 per person to upgrade. Does anyone know how they decide if you get the upgrade besides the available space.

I had been hoping to bid on a Haven aft balcony but the minimum bid was almost - $1000 pp CAD for an H6. This is higher than what a previous poster had paid during the Getaway and Escape pilot.

I did see a note on the site that the minimum amounts were based on what had already been paid for the cruise so I'll take that to mean I got a pretty good deal on my balcony cabin.

We are sailing during a very busy week so I doubt I would have successful with having a winning bid. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. [emoji6]

The minimum for an upgrade to a mini suite was low - 35 CAD pp, however, I won't bid on it as I currently have a mid-ship angled balcony.

I may not be in the Haven but I still plan on having a fantastic time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As pervious poster said if you put in a bid and it accepted they will charge your card right away so if the upgrade is to much I would say stay with what you got ... I also got the bid email and I have the option to upgrade from my haven aft pH to a 2 bedroom or owner suite ... I would love a owner suite so I bid 250 per place it only 2 of us so that a 500 upgrade it alot but the owner suite are almost 5000 dollars I will totally shock if I get it I only bid 150 for the 2 bedroomroom but it will be still a deal if I get it cause it would be cheaper then if I brought it when I first booked I doubt either of them willl get accepted as they were both very low but we will see

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I just got a bid accepted and will share my experience and tips. I bid barely into the "fair" section of the bid meter and went from an Inside Guarantee to a Mid-ship BA balcony for 200 CAD (~150 USD per person). I put my bid in around 30-40 days before the cruise and had my bid accepted 5 days before my cruise disembarks. I watched the inventory the whole time and it appeared like there was a lot. After hearing what others got upgraded with (through forums) I'm convinced I could've bid half as much or less and still have been upgraded.

1) If you're set on the upgrade and want it accepted immediately, bid high.

2) If you want the best deal, bid low at first and monitor the inventory on NCL. You can do this by beginning a fake booking and see if it offers you staterooms to choose or if it says Guarantee. It displays 15 rooms at a time, so if you see 15, there may be many more. If you see less than 15, that's the actual number of rooms left in that category.

2) Increase your bid if you see inventory levels dropping as your chance will be decreasing. If you still see a lot of categories with a lot of inventory, stick with where your bid is. This is, of course, still a gamble as you will be competing against everyone else who bids.

3) WAIT! Do not keep increasing your bid unless you want to pay extra. It's a waiting game. People were accepted from OV to Mini Suite for 50/pp on my cruise.

I have a slightly different question - does your bid bracket change after you receive the email or is the minimum always going to be the minimum. To ask it a different way - right now I could bid a minimum of $CAD $1005 pp to upgrade from a mini to a 2 bedroom family Haven - any chance that minimum bid could get lower?

• 1 month later...
I just booked my cruise 3/20 for 5/27. Did I miss the window to participate in the program?

There is no window. As long as you booked through NCL (in America) or through a participating travel agent, in a few business days you should get the email and/or see the banner of "Let's get you upgraded" on your account page.