Chankahaab for 3 year old- activities?

emskuz1129

We are traveling there with for families with kids ranging from 3 to 15. Is there anything to do there for three-year-old? I see that most of the animal interactions are for kids six and over.... I don't mind going there with my three-year-old and watching everybody else do the interactions but is there anything there that he could do?? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Besides watch? Sand castles, paddle in the ocean or pool.

General advice for those with toddlers is to look at Playa Mia, with a great kiddie water park, plus floating toys, etc. for the teens. Some ships offer it as an excursion, or you can book it on your own.

We originally looked at Chankanaab. We have a 3 year old too. Well, he'll turn 4 shortly before the cruise.

But after researchIng some more settled on Playa Mia because he will have more fun on all the kiddie slides in the splash park.

It looks like the inflatables would be fun for a teenager too.

Chankanaab seems best if you're really into the animal interactions.

If everyone wants to go to Chankanaab, then I personally think there's plenty to do there for any age.

Depending on how much your child likes water... my daughter was 3 years old the first time she went there and (believe it or not) we took her out in the snorkeling area in front of the huge beach and she loves it (life jacket-puddle jumper on of course). The huge fish in the water was so exciting and she's now 8 years old and we can't drag in out of the water now (she became an avid snorkeler and now a scuba diver). There's also a small, easy entry beach area for families (if you munchkin isn't into the fish in the snorkeling area or you don't feel comfortable with it).

They have a pool over by the building to use. There's a very nice lagoon with tons of iguanas walking around and sunning. The beach is very nice and huge with tons of places to just sit and play. They have a replica mayan ruins self-guided tour that you walk around in. They have a FREE sea lion show you could take the little one too. Just tons of things.

Since I was there last, I believe they added some type of alligator exhibit, but not sure if that's something anyone can see or if it's just part of the new ziplining area.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line and the last one has tons of pictures if you are interested.

As others have stated, there's Playa Mia too. They have a kiddie water park (a pretty big one too), a huge pool for the adults beside it, 2 water slides for adults, a smaller pool by the ocean and a playground for the little ones too. I also have a full review with pictures on it in my signature line if you are interested. :)