Ncl star and refund

winty

Hi all, anyone in the recent Star cruise from Hong Kong on 22nd Dec and have not got the 50% refund back?

Our cruise was booked through a TA who I know keep chasing NCL who are just not pulling their finger out. Anyone else having a problem especially if from the uk? Anyone got any advice on possible next steps I could take ?

Any help most appreciated. Cheers

Hi all, anyone in the recent Star cruise from Hong Kong on 22nd Dec and have not got the 50% refund back?

Our cruise was booked through a TA who I know keep chasing NCL who are just not pulling their finger out. Anyone else having a problem especially if from the uk? Anyone got any advice on possible next steps I could take ?

the refund or the money towards a future cruise. We were booked on that sailing and canceled, we received our money back to our credit card within a week of cancelling and the money for the future cruise just posted to our latitude account this week. We are still in a bit of a dispute over about 800 dollars of the 6,000 we paid that we think we are owed and they say they have paid us in full.

the refund or the money towards a future cruise. We were booked on that sailing and canceled, we received our money back to our credit card within a week of cancelling and the money for the future cruise just posted to our latitude account this week. We are still in a bit of a dispute over about 800 dollars of the 6,000 we paid that we think we are owed and they say they have paid us in full.

Thanks, seems I'm not the only one struggling then. its such a shame as we enjoyed the cruise but this experience and their shocking lack of communication has put me off cruising with NCL again.

Thanks, seems I'm not the only one struggling then. its such a shame as we enjoyed the cruise but this experience and their shocking lack of communication has put me off cruising with NCL again.

That seems to be the M.O. with NCL, their shoreside customer support sucks but once you get on the ship they are awesome, we have pretty muted sailed exclusively NCL and are now Platinum and after our experience with this we are considering looking elsewhere also

We were on the Dec. 11 cruise. Our concierge told us that U.S. passengers would get a check in the mail two weeks after we disembarked, but that for others from other countries, it could take up to 8-12 weeks.

We kept looking for the check in the mail, only to find that they had credited our credit card on file 2 days after we disembarked.

We were on the Dec. 11 cruise. Our concierge told us that U.S. passengers would get a check in the mail two weeks after we disembarked, but that for others from other countries, it could take up to 8-12 weeks.

We kept looking for the check in the mail, only to find that they had credited our credit card on file 2 days after we disembarked.

We were also on the Dec 11 cruise. We went to the OBC desk specifically to request a check rather than a credit card refund. We received it in the mail a little over a week after we disembarked.

We were on the 22nd December cruise. Our 50% refund was on our credit card the day we disembarked. The "50%" future cruise credit (FCC) took far longer to be formally applied. We had booked a Med cruise for late 2017 in mid January, and the FCC was not applied until end January. All good now though!

We were also on the 22nd cruise , booked through Cruise 1st UK .

Just got phone informing us that our Total refund was forwarded to them from Norwegian , 564 Euros !!!!!!

Our fare was 2857 Euros for both .....

I know Math isn't my strong point BUT !!!!!!

Anyone else having problems . Cheers Gerry

Reports are that getting refunds back from NCL for anything take 8 - 10 weeks.

Hi we were on this cruise and received our refund to our credit card within 5 days of returning to the UK. Our booking was originally direct through NCL. I have also had no problem getting the future 50% discount applied to a new 2017 booking.

Hope your issue is resolved soon.

John

We were also on the 22nd of December cruise booked direct with NCL . Our family booked 3 cabins. After many phone calls and an extremely long email trail we are still owed around $300.

NCL agree on the figure they just keep saying we will get the money soon.........

Also we didn't receive any taxes for the ports we missed. Did anyone else get a refund of these ???

We were on the 5th January cruise which missed Thailand out completly and got a very poor extra stop in some dirty grubby vietnam 'berth' in the middle of nowhere !!

We have only been offered 20% cruise discount and that's all so out of every sailing we have been offered the leased which i have sent email to every possible NCL email addresses i could find including two CEO's before and after the cruise and still have had no replies ??

We have still not even been issued with the 20% cruise discount offered ?? I WILL NEVER SAIL WITH NCL AGAIN OR RECOMMEND THEM.....THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALING !!:mad:

We were on the 22nd December cruise, we got £377 on our credit card straight off which we assume is a refund of port fees. Our Travel Agent booked our next cruise and the 50% future cruise discount was applied by NCL with no problems, however we are still waiting for our 50% cash back, our travel agent has now, at last got them to agree the correct amount but is still chasing NCL for payment. It would appear that everyone is being treated differently especially from country to country. We have checked the NCL website and they are still selling cruises on the 'Star' showing full itineraries.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the 5th January cruise which missed Thailand out completly and got a very poor extra stop in some dirty grubby vietnam 'berth' in the middle of nowhere !!

We have only been offered 20% cruise discount and that's all so out of every sailing we have been offered the leased which i have sent email to every possible NCL email addresses i could find including two CEO's before and after the cruise and still have had no replies ??

We have still not even been issued with the 20% cruise discount offered ?? I WILL NEVER SAIL WITH NCL AGAIN OR RECOMMEND THEM.....THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALING !!:mad:

We were also on that cruise and wrote to the CEO, President of NCL Holdings, the head of Guest Relations AND the twit VP from Sydney who came to the ship in Darwin. Similar response, NONE.

No you are not the only one, we have had the right amount given in future cruise credit, but are around £700 short on the cash refund, have been in touch with NCL and they said the rest has been paid to the agent and of course this hasn't happened.

• 1 month later...
No you are not the only one, we have had the right amount given in future cruise credit, but are around £700 short on the cash refund, have been in touch with NCL and they said the rest has been paid to the agent and of course this hasn't happened.

We were on February 6 and February 18 B2B. The otner three groups with us on the first leg have all received their FCC as well as cash refunds, but not us. The FCC is in Latitudes account but through the TA we were only offered half the sum thd others received! Weird. NOTHING for the second cancelled leg. We also emailed at least five NCL executives but eventually only received one response after the third lot were sent. Also, what was promised verbally on board isn't backed up by Corporate. Truthful answers to questions we asked on board would definitely have caused us to make different decisions.

• 1 month later...

We were on the 9 December Star Sailing out of Singapore when the ship initially broke..... we had the refund to our credit card before we got off the ship! And the 50% of the total amount we paid as a FCC is currently in our latitudes account, and is good for TWO years, not the one year we were initially told.