Anything to do in Port Canaveral

Salem615

Our flight does not leave until 2pm.

Is there anything in the port area we could do until we grab a shuttle back to the airport? We will have our luggage as well.

Could we get off the ship a little later or are they pretty strict on people leaving?

In the past we have usually booked an excursion that would take us to the airport after.

the ship will push you off by about 9-9:30 -- they need to get ready for the next set of cruisers.

You don't have that much time; for a 2:00 flight you need to be at MCO by 12:30 (earlier is better), and with the drive form PC to MCO taking about 50-60 minutes you are trying to kill 2 hours or so.

I would look at renting a car one-way (PC-MCO) and going somewhere fun for lunch - cost should be about the same as a shared shuttle; be careful when gassing up near MCO, there are some rip-off stations charging $5+ per gallon taking advantage of car rental customers.

I'd say you don't have enuf time to worry about it

MCO is my primary airport and I prefer to be IN the airport 2 hours b4 my flight .... 12:00 for you

if you get off the ship towards the end, estimated 9AM, by the time you get your bags it is 9:30 when you board your ride. in round numbers an hour drive .. 10:30

Ya gots about 90 minutes to kill ..... for what I would consider recommended airport time even if you have PRE! MCO can be a mess.

Now if you decide to use a rental car you can try to be first off @8 but then have the time to shuttle to the rental place and get the car and add in the car return on the back side ... IMO you are not gonna gain any significant time here.

Is 90 to 120 minutes worth getting complicated? Not for me, but rock your boat as you see fit.

on the other hand if you REALLY want 'something' .... there is a helicopter tour available right in the port (across street from ALAMO/NATIONAL/ENTERPRISE rental office.)

A 3 min flight for one person is $40 (or $19.99 each for 2 or 3)

6 min flight $80 (or $40 each for 2 or 3)

12 min $140 ... you get the idea

http://www.floridaairtours.com/cocoa-beach-helicopter-tours/

it looks like this SEGWAY tour is still running ....

http://www.spacecoastsegwaytours.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ