Deluxe beverage package

jpolm

Ok this is new for us this cruise. 45 a day doesn't seem bad for everything we are getting but it use to be coffee, tea, oh soda at dinner included. Now I assume it's not unless at mdr. So if I just were to drink alcohol this would equate to me at least drinking 4 drinks a day ( say 10 dollar drinks) so it seems to be a good deal if you think u so u will drink that much. I guess 2 -3 a day I like to drink by pool and a couple at night.

Add in coffee to our room , water ,soda at any time I guess it's not bad.

Anyone not think it's worth it even if you aren't a big drinker. I mean the days we are at Port not so sure how much we will drink.

I have obc can I use those . If I pay now can I use obc after?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The service charge is the 18% gratuity.

The drink package is worth it for some, others its not. Figure you are going to have 5 - 6 drinks a day to break even.

The drink package is good on RC private islands

I was on the fence myself but did end up purchasing in the end...I think it will be close for us cost wise but I figured the peace of mind was worth it...meaning I am not checking the TV balance every day worrying about how much we drank, or if I try a new drink and don't like it I wont' feel bad getting another drink in its place etc....

My husband and I cruised when we were single, no children and in our mid-20s at that time we spent more on alcohol then we did on the cruise, BUT this time we are older, married and have a child with us, so I don't anticipate drinking like we did before but still hope the package is worth it....

DH and I saved bills from a couple different cruises to determine if it was worth it for us. For us it is pretty much a break-even.

However, when we were able to get the package at a discount for our upcoming 9-day we grabbed it. We usually get a bottle of wine with dinner but we're happy to use the package for glasses of wine. And we can enjoy some coffee drinks too!

Ok this is new for us this cruise. 45 a day doesn't seem bad for everything we are getting but it use to be coffee, tea, oh soda at dinner included. Now I assume it's not unless at mdr. So if I just were to drink alcohol this would equate to me at least drinking 4 drinks a day ( say 10 dollar drinks) so it seems to be a good deal if you think u so u will drink that much. I guess 2 -3 a day I like to drink by pool and a couple at night.

Add in coffee to our room , water ,soda at any time I guess it's not bad.

Anyone not think it's worth it even if you aren't a big drinker. I mean the days we are at Port not so sure how much we will drink.

I have obc can I use those . If I pay now can I use obc after?

No you can't use your OBC until you get onboard - if you purchase now you will have to provide a credit card and they will charge it.

No you can't use your OBC until you get onboard - if you purchase now you will have to provide a credit card and they will charge it.

RC website let me use my OBC to buy a drink package prior to boarding our November 2016 cruise.

When you put it in the shopping cart there's an option to use OBC and it lets you choose how much OBC for the purchase.

RC website let me use my OBC to buy a drink package prior to boarding our November 2016 cruise.

When you put it in the shopping cart there's an option to use OBC and it lets you choose how much OBC for the purchase.

That was a limited time trial that they had on certain ships/itineraries only. It was never available across the board and the trial seems to be over

The service charge is the 18% gratuity.

The drink package is worth it for some, others its not. Figure you are going to have 5 - 6 drinks a day to break even.

The drink package is good on RC private islands

Really not even that much. The kicker in my analysis is the bottled water. It's 2.50 a bottle onboard. I won't drink the ship tap water, so we stock up on it during the day. Always have several bottles in the cabin. You figure a couple of drinks at dinner, water, a nice morning coffee, and maybe one other drink a day...you are more than break even. At $44+18% a day, its a deal.

Happy cruising.

The 18% never figures into the deal as far as I am concerned. I am paying 18% no matter and at least with the package it's 18% on a fixed amount and not whatever I consume.

At the price of cocktails it seems for now the going rate of $44 per day is a pretty good deal. I bought a bottle of wine for dinner and the discount on the bottle paid for half of my days package price.

Question for you all:

I choose to have the drink package when I cruise. Personally, I know that I'll come out ahead - just on alcohol. (Judge away. :D)

However, BECAUSE I have the package, I also tend to order fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, the drink of the day (I'm not a fruity drink fan), and the after dinner shot - without the glass - back when they were offered. Without the package I wouldn't ever spend the money on things like that. SO -

IF - you use the drink package, do you order drinks/coffees/etc. that you wouldn't normally get at home? And if so, are you doing so just to "get your money's worth?"

or

IF - you don't use the drink package, are there drinks/coffees/etc that you WOULD love to get, but they're not worth the price? But would normally order on land?

Question as well. Since I don't have my obc yet to use I was thinking of maybe dong it on board but now I'm hearing it's priced higher ? So essentially I have to buy ahead of time to get a deal?? Did the sane go for dinners?

Question as well. Since I don't have my obc yet to use I was thinking of maybe dong it on board but now I'm hearing it's priced higher ? So essentially I have to buy ahead of time to get a deal?? Did the sane go for dinners?

I think that's correct.