Upgrade 'call'

abby1257

I am always hoping i will get a call from carnival to ask if i want to upgrade...never happens even after 10+ years....anyone know how they decide this?

When you find out, let me know. We've sailed Carnival since 1987 (Carnivale) and never gotten a call for a paid upgrade, nor for a free upgrade. Really burned my DH when newbies we were traveling with got the call.

I got a call for the sunshine 2 weeks ago. The Cruise has been sold out for months and they called me at 12 the day prior. It wasn't even my PVP who called (or who has ever called for that matter :/). My first time getting the call. She said she "picked" us first which I very much doubt. However, I had booked a LONG time ago, and watched prices every couple days so it stands to reason that since I was already one of the cheaper tickets, by upgrading me they were getting a bigger jump. Like I was locked into my price. But getting me to pay 2400 total was a much bigger jump than someone who paid 1800 to begin with. That is what I think.

We're scheduled to cruise on the Breeze out of Galveston on March 5th, and I just got an upgrade call and e-mail yesterday. Haven't called them back yet.

Not sure of the capacity status of this cruise, but we're booked for a balcony room right now on the Lido deck at the front of the ship, 10208 to be exact. My wife and I and our 18 month old daughter.

I'll probably call them back but I'm pretty happy with the room we got and the overall cost. It'd have to be a pretty awesome offer for me to change it. Oh yeah, and this is our third cruise.

We've been on 10 cruises over 17 years with NCL, Disney, Princess and Carnival. The only upgrade we have gotten was our first Disney cruise in 2011. We came home to a voicemail three days before the cruise saying we had been upgraded from an outside window to a balcony. The message said it was all taken care of and we only needed to call back if we did not want to accept the upgrade.

Like others have said it seems very random.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've cruised with Carnival 7 times and finally got the Upsell Fairy call for my March 12, 2017 Breeze sailing last week. We booked an Ocean Suite a year ago & got a great deal. Upsell was a few hundred bucks to move to a Grand Suite, and I said sure. To some it wouldn't be worth it, but the one thing in life I like to splurge on is travel. The key is to book really early for the best price, and then you have the savings to spend on upgrades if and when they become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're scheduled to cruise on the Breeze out of Galveston on March 5th, and I just got an upgrade call and e-mail yesterday. Haven't called them back yet.

Not sure of the capacity status of this cruise, but we're booked for a balcony room right now on the Lido deck at the front of the ship, 10208 to be exact. My wife and I and our 18 month old daughter.

I'll probably call them back but I'm pretty happy with the room we got and the overall cost. It'd have to be a pretty awesome offer for me to change it. Oh yeah, and this is our third cruise.

Suggest you call them as soon as you can. Offers are made to multiple guests and are given to the first to call and accept the offer.

on 11 cruises on carnival i have been called for an up sell 3 times. these were on cruises that we were booked in an interior state room. i believe the type of room you are booked in has a big role on who gets called for the up sell. it is easier for carnival to sell a interior state room or an ocean view state room at the last minute than it is a specialty room or a higher priced room. so they up sell people already booked in these rooms, then re-list the interior or ocean view room. the 3 times i was called were all within 5 days of the cruise.