Passport info

susan1957

St. Kitts and St. Maarten are just two of the many countries requiring that you have six months left on your passport. There are multiple websites that list them all. Type in St. Kitts passport requirements and it clearly states this.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Forums mobile app

Can someone verify that this is not true on a closed loop cruise?

She will be fine. The reason the cruise line requires a passport OR birth certificate and DL is for proof of citizenship - to get back into the US, and for that purpose the passport is good right up to the day it expires. The only possible problem would be IF for some reason she was forced to fly back to the US AFTER the passport actually expired (accident/illness). In this circumstance, a birth certificate and DL would be of no use anyway.

Can someone verify that this is not true on a closed loop cruise?

I've never seen a link to an official site stating this, but it would seem rather silly for them to impose a 6 month rule for cruise ship passengers when other cruise ship passengers won't be using a passport.

yes, if you are land based many Caribbean islands require you have 6 months left on your passport. If you are on a cruise St Martin does not require a passport. However, as I have said on many passport posts. I would never leave U.S soil without a passport, accidents happen.