3 in a room, 2 cancel...now what? Lots of questions.

jallison8378

Its not too late to get your own travel insurance though. Get it now and then you are covered (if I am thinking this through correctly). You can go through insure my trip and its pretty cheap. I believe you can get insurance up until 2 days before sailing.

Looking into this now--THANKS!!

They should call the insurance company to determine if they have to actually cancel the cruise or just do a no show due to medical conditions since they are not sure up until maybe the day before the cruise.

But as i stated in a previous post - my traveling companion did not cancel her cruise she just didn't show up at the pier to board. No communication with Carnival what so ever and none afterwards either. Carnival had her money for the cabin. She then contacted the travel insurance company and told them that she did not go on the cruise because her mother was admitted to the hospital. They asked for proof from the doctor verifying that her mother was in the hospital. Sad to say her mother did pass away the day we would have been arriving home from the cruise, for which i'm glad she made the decision not to go.

Cruise line did not lose any money, I did not have to pay single supplement. She got back port and taxes from Carnival and the travel insurance covered the rest of her out of pocket expenses for the cruise.

Its not too late to get your own travel insurance though. Get it now and then you are covered (if I am thinking this through correctly). You can go through insure my trip and its pretty cheap. I believe you can get insurance up until 2 days before sailing.

Whoa. Not necessarily good advice. To get 'cancel for any reason' coverage or to have 'pre-existing conditions' covered you have to purchase within a certain number of days after booking. If your friends cancel for any reason, it MAY cover paying the difference to make you whole on the cabin; but you wouldn't be covered for cancellation since you won't have 'cancel for any reason' coverage. But all that medical stuff is pre-existing now. If they cancel over a medical reason I believe you will be SOL. If you take this route be sure you know what's covered and under what conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the OP is going to take the cruise they should get travel insurance as it will cover cancellation for any of their own unforeseen or unknown future events such as an illness, death in the family or severe weather.

But since the OP states in Post 16 that the travel partner who may cancel has developed a medical condition since booking the cruise that has landed him in the hospital twice over the last several months the OP's Travel Insurance would not pay a cancellation claim due to a pre-existing condition of a 3rd party.

It's also too late to purchase Cancel For Any Reason coverage as that has to be done by final payment.