What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Curious?? We are booked on a cruise in March and noticed all the suite and Havens were sold out 3 weeks ago and last week we got an upgrade offer for suites and Haven. Has anyone seen this before? Are they really available or is this just backup in case someone cancels last minute? Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this happen on their cruise and was able to upgrade.

Curious?? We are booked on a cruise in March and noticed all the suite and Havens were sold out 3 weeks ago and last week we got an upgrade offer for suites and Haven. Has anyone seen this before? Are they really available or is this just backup in case someone cancels last minute? Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this happen on their cruise and was able to upgrade.

It could be both. I always bid, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have an inside booked on the Epic on 2/24/18. I received an invitation to bid for either a balcony and/or a mini-suite. However, when I go online NCL only shows inside cabins available. Do they save cabins for upgrades?

I am leaving on Feb 10th on the Escape. I did an upgrade bid of $600pp from a Mini suite to the Haven haven't yet. Does anyone have experience with the bidding process who can tell me if I have a shot to get the upgrade? It's crazy 2 years ago I paid $600 for 2 people from an Oceanview to a Suite on the Dawn.

I just returned from the Escape 1/27 cruise. I originally booked a Spa balcony, we bid 870 on the spa haven, 680 on the courtyard penthouse and 1k on the 2bdrm. None of our bids were accepted.

I have an inside booked on the Epic on 2/24/18. I received an invitation to bid for either a balcony and/or a mini-suite. However, when I go online NCL only shows inside cabins available. Do they save cabins for upgrades?

There’s no way to tell but it should not prevent you from bidding. There are last minute cancellations plus there may people in mini-suites that get upgraded, freeing up their cabin. Bid away!

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

Just got an offer to upgrade/bid on our upcoming cruise at the end of March. Never gotten the bid email before, so this is new to us.

We are currently in a mini-suite (2 adults, 2 kids). Got offers to bid on Penthouse with large balcony, up through 3 bedroom garden villa.

They all seem really expensive though. :( My girls who are 12yrs old are currently on a pull out couch & would love an actual bed. But not sure the upgrade money is worth it.

Minimum on Penthouse is $300

2 bedroom family suite with balcony $500

Haven 2 bedroom Family villa with balcony $1000

It says we only pay for the first 2 passengers, so then it would be twice whatever the bid is right???

Think it makes any sense to bid at all?

I am thinking even the minimum is kind of pricey & if we did the minimum I doubt we would get it.

Thoughts?

Just got an offer to upgrade/bid on our upcoming cruise at the end of March. Never gotten the bid email before, so this is new to us.

We are currently in a mini-suite (2 adults, 2 kids). Got offers to bid on Penthouse with large balcony, up through 3 bedroom garden villa.

They all seem really expensive though. :( My girls who are 12yrs old are currently on a pull out couch & would love an actual bed. But not sure the upgrade money is worth it.

It says we only pay for the first 2 passengers, so then it would be twice whatever the bid is right???

I am thinking even the minimum is kind of pricey & if we did the minimum I doubt we would get it.

Thoughts?

Our offer to upgrade from an aft balcony is the same as what you got (we are on the same cruise) so I don't know that there is any logic on the minimums. Not sure on the price difference from your minisuite to our aft...or if it even would figure in. It's a crap shoot I think

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thoughts?

I would bid on all if I could swing it.

Jenn

Myrtle Beach[emoji267]

Have a question? my daughter sails in two weeks and she is booked in a studio. Do they offer upgrades from that level? we searched her booking page and there is no button for upgrades like i read on others. thanks

It depends if she is in the UK. Studios can get an upgrade in the UK, but it appears in the US that they are excluded. I'm not sure about Europe, but I imagine it is the same as the UK.

Well we put in a very low ball offer on the 2 bedroom family suite. Doubt it will get accepted as it is so low. lol But worth a try.

Just couldn't see spending much more for our cruise than we already had. So wait & see.... otherwise we are happy with our mini-suite!

Good luck 'callmebetty' if you bid & get accepted! You'll have to let me know!!!

Hi All,

For the April 7 2018 Epic sailing, I bid $110 p.p. for a balcony and $150 p.p. for a mini suite upgrade from an interior. I received the balcony. On another thread, I read that someone got a balcony for $75 p.p.

Edited by westview1900
Spelling

Hi All,

For the April 7 2018 Epic sailing, I bid $110 p.p. for a balcony and $150 p.p. for a mini suite upgrade from an interior. I received the balcony. On another thread, I read that someone got a balcony for $75 p.p.

Wow! They let you know pretty quickly. I hope they tell us soon about our April 1st on Dawn!

Jenn

Myrtle Beach[emoji267]

Well we put in a very low ball offer on the 2 bedroom family suite. Doubt it will get accepted as it is so low. lol But worth a try.

Just couldn't see spending much more for our cruise than we already had. So wait & see.... otherwise we are happy with our mini-suite!

Good luck 'callmebetty' if you bid & get accepted! You'll have to let me know!!!

Got our min. bid on a 2br Family Suite accepted last year, so it's definitely a possibility! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whether you receive an offer to bid is completely random and I do not believe they will allow the couple that did not get an email to do so. It never hurts to ask though!

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

I've never been in a mini suite but traveled on the breakaway in an aft balcony room with my 2 adult (21 & 23) kids. For our last cruise I booked an Aft Penthouse. Got the upgrade offer and ended up winning the 2 bedroom suite (non-haven, we didn't want haven it was an Alaska cruise, and the haven doesn't have views to the outside). I believe I bid somewhere between poor and middle. It was amazing. our balcony was smaller but having a whole separate bedroom with a full bathroom was amazing.

Just remember that a suite comes with the butler and concierge who are not part of the tipping pool... so if you're a tipper you need to account for more money for that. We enjoyed the butler and had a few breakfasts and meals in our room, not too much else.

One other caution... it's hard to go "back" to a "regular" room! I have the 2 bedroom booked (haven this time) for our upcoming cruise. I didn't want to risk winning it on a bid. :)

Have a great trip!

Thoughts?

We are 80 days out the spirit, last night we received a upgrade offer, we were in an insidecabin the max amount on the balcony upgrade was set at $425 au each, i bid $300 au each this morning my upgrade was accepted paid for and room allocated really amazed this happened all in one day.