What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

As far as this bidding system goes, every cruise on every ship for every itinerary is different, therefore, every outcome of every bid could also be different.

There are so many variables with this system that saying 1 person got a Haven and another, having bid almost the amount, got denied, is the norm. No one knows what the outcome will be... even if it's on the same sailing... it's a gamble... play the game or don't!... Always your choice. Good luck whichever you choose. :bottle-pop:

Our upgrade from Ocean View to balcony was accepted for Dawn on April 1st out of Tampa. So happy! We got a “priva sea” balcony and I think we will really like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May I ask how much you bid? Thanks

Did anyone get a bid acceptance for the Getaway April 15th? This is our first time trying the bid process. I wasn't going to do it, 80 days out I got and email to bid, I didn't. Then today I received another email to bid, I caved and tried. Just wondering if I will have to really wait until a couple days before or maybe sooner ;)

Did anyone get a bid acceptance for the Getaway April 15th? This is our first time trying the bid process. I wasn't going to do it, 80 days out I got and email to bid, I didn't. Then today I received another email to bid, I caved and tried. Just wondering if I will have to really wait until a couple days before or maybe sooner ;)

I think if your cruise is April 15, it's likely too early to expect an acceptance and most denials are done right around 48 hrs prior to the cruise. If accepted ... unless you bid too high, I'd expect acceptance around a week prior to sailing and that's just based on reading the posts here.

I wish you luck and just be patient. Some ppl actually give up before the bid process is finished... that's up to you too.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I think if your cruise is April 15, it's likely too early to expect an acceptance and most denials are done right around 48 hrs prior to the cruise. If accepted ... unless you bid too high, I'd expect acceptance around a week prior to sailing and that's just based on reading the posts here.

I wish you luck and just be patient. Some ppl actually give before the bid process is finished... that's up to you too.

Thank you! I definitely didn't bid too high :). We have a balcony and we are happy with that, so if we don't get it, we will be fine.

We are also on the 4/15 sailing and submitted bids on a few Haven suite categories. Our last cruise, 2 years ago on the Getaway, we got an upsell to a Haven aft penthouse suite and fell in love with the Haven (not to mention our amazing balcony), but I can't justify paying full price. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Sailing on the Getaway feb11-18. Currently in an interior and bid $130 CDN for a balcony. Was not successful. Found out 48 hours out.

I wonder if you are still able to upgrade to a balcony that late does anyone know. and would the price be much higher than if you upgraded to a balcony earlier?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on the 4/15 sailing and submitted bids on a few Haven suite categories. Our last cruise, 2 years ago on the Getaway, we got an upsell to a Haven aft penthouse suite and fell in love with the Haven (not to mention our amazing balcony), but I can't justify paying full price. Keeping our fingers crossed!

That’s me too. Was on the Haven last cruse, but can’t afford 10k a cruise. [emoji51]. Waiting for my bid.

I just got notice today that our mini suite upgrade was accepted for the Pearl Feb 25th sailing. We were originally in a balcony. The bid was 120.00 for the mini suite which was successful and 300.00 for penthouse suite which was unsuccessful.

I just got notice today that our mini suite upgrade was accepted for the Pearl Feb 25th sailing. We were originally in a balcony. The bid was 120.00 for the mini suite which was successful and 300.00 for penthouse suite which was unsuccessful.

Congrats!!!

Just received notice that our bid upgrade from inside to balcony was accepted! Paid way too much (bid was $205/$410 total) but all-in for 4 in a balcony was $1300 via CAS offer. We had an interior in Nov 2017 and it was the smallest room we've stayed in. Can't wait, less than 2 weeks to go!

Just received notice that our bid upgrade from inside to balcony was accepted! Paid way too much (bid was $205/$410 total) but all-in for 4 in a balcony was $1300 via CAS offer. We had an interior in Nov 2017 and it was the smallest room we've stayed in. Can't wait, less than 2 weeks to go!

Thanks for sharing.

What ship?