What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Silly question, but I haven't been on a cruise in over 10 years so forgive my ignorance.

For those of you who were successful in your bids with previous trips, what impact does this have on all of your documentation if you are going from a non-Haven room to now a Haven room? I would imagine your boarding documents will need to be changed and updated as well as possibly luggage tags.

Since I'm arriving in Rome several days prior to my departure sailing, I'm just concerned about being in a foreign country with limited (if any) access to a computer and printer to redo my paperwork if I'm suddenly upgraded into Haven.

Any insight into the logistics of this upgrade with so little notice before sailing?

While not traveling in a foreign country we enjoy our pre-cruise drive to the port. We are from Iowa so everywhere is a drive to the ocean. Lol.

Most hotels have no issue allowing you to print some updated documents even if it requires a couple bucks I'm not going to have an issue. I'd assume your hotel while in Rome would have access and allow you to print off appropriate documents as well.

Just our thoughts on it from what we do if something needs printed off that we either forgot or need to update.

Silly question, but I haven't been on a cruise in over 10 years so forgive my ignorance.

For those of you who were successful in your bids with previous trips, what impact does this have on all of your documentation if you are going from a non-Haven room to now a Haven room? I would imagine your boarding documents will need to be changed and updated as well as possibly luggage tags.

Since I'm arriving in Rome several days prior to my departure sailing, I'm just concerned about being in a foreign country with limited (if any) access to a computer and printer to redo my paperwork if I'm suddenly upgraded into Haven.

Any insight into the logistics of this upgrade with so little notice before sailing?

I too was in the same boat so to speak - so much so I cancelled my bids - I think this is an area NCL needs to look at 2 days is too short for people that arrive early and cannot print documents

Your old documents are fine for boarding with and you can get new luggage tags from the porters :) dont stress about it, just enjoy Rome and hope you are one of the lucky ones to get upgraded:-)

I too was in the same boat so to speak - so much so I cancelled my bids - I think this is an area NCL needs to look at 2 days is too short for people that arrive early and cannot print documents

Luggage Tags can be hand-written at the pier. Your existing cruise docs will work for check in if you are upgraded at the last minute, it's not a big deal.

Incredibly large are the Haven Aft Penthouse. So far that is the only Haven category I have been in so all I can comment on.

The owner's suite is quite nice with 2 balconies. A fore balcony under the bridge with loungers and tables and a side balcony with table and 2-3 chairs. quite spacious. Been in that room twice now.

I have no idea how it affects the documents, but I frequent Rome and thankfully they still have internet cafes(with printers) easily accessible all over the city for very cheap!

From this thread I have learned the following:

• Letters typically go out 80 days before embarkation
  • Opportunities to bid on upgrades are not offered to everyone
  • If you have an opportunity to bid it also shows up on MyNCL
  • If you have used a travel agent their agency may not participate in this process

If my travel agency (Cruise Planners) does not participate will it still show up on MyNCL, allowing me to bid anyway?

Anybody?

From this thread I have learned the following:

• Letters typically go out 80 days before embarkation
  • Opportunities to bid on upgrades are not offered to everyone
  • If you have an opportunity to bid it also shows up on MyNCL
  • If you have used a travel agent their agency may not participate in this process

If my travel agency (Cruise Planners) does not participate will it still show up on MyNCL, allowing me to bid anyway?

Emails go out 80 days before embark. as long as final payment has been made (some European countries don't pay until later)

Not all travel agents participate and if they do not you will not receive the option to bid or your bid will simply be declined.

I don't know about your specific TA, but someone from NCL told me that if we are chosen to bid, we would get an email from NCL, with a copy going to our TA

As far as "chosen" goes, almost everyone is chosen, the most likely exception would be, they're with a TA who has opted out of the program or, they're already at the highest level of cabin/stateroom on the ship.

However, not everyone receives an email and will only get notification when they log into MyNCL.

As far as "chosen" goes, almost everyone is chosen, the most likely exception would be, they're with a TA who has opted out of the program or, they're already at the highest level of cabin/stateroom on the ship.

However, not everyone receives an email and will only get notification when they log into MyNCL.

Ah, I thought many never got an offer to bid....this gives me hope!

If you booked with an agency that offered you a fare discount, you will not be eligible. So it's not necessarily that the travel agency doesn't participate.

My agency offered me a fare discount (not hefty OBC or a rebate). This made us ineligible for bidding. If we wanted to bid, we could've booked at the standard fare through that same agent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

I know people are saying that you only have the option of bidding two categories up but I'm booked in a balcony (BD) and my options to bid went all the way up to a Haven 3 Bedroom Garden Villa (H1).

That is 2 "categories" up. Mini Suite is 1 category and "Haven" is another category. Within Haven there are several suites to bid on... so anyone from Balcony up gets to bid on all the different suites.

That is 2 "categories" up. Mini Suite is 1 category and "Haven" is another category. Within Haven there are several suites to bid on... so anyone from Balcony up gets to bid on all the different suites.

Ah, gotcha, I figured Suites and Haven were two separate categories.

Thanks!! :-)

I just received this email for the first time ever and I have been on more NCL cruises than I can count. I have the Sky booked for 4/13/18. We just paid the lowest rate to get an inside room. Our options were $15 minimum for window and $50 for balcony. Is this the only offer I will get? Or could they possibly send out a better upgrade option closer to my trip? Thank in advance.

I just received this email for the first time ever and I have been on more NCL cruises than I can count. I have the Sky booked for 4/13/18. We just paid the lowest rate to get an inside room. Our options were $15 minimum for window and $50 for balcony. Is this the only offer I will get? Or could they possibly send out a better upgrade option closer to my trip? Thank in advance.

In my experience this is it... bid what you are comfortable with and pray to your God.

Ah, gotcha, I figured Suites and Haven were two separate categories.

Thanks!! :-)

Haven and Suite is combined on the bigger ships but are separate on the jewel class type.

Jewel class listing of cabin choices would be.

Inside

Ocean view

Balcony

Mini suite

Suite

Haven

The bigger ships like Breakaway would look like

Studio solo

Inside

Ocean view

Balcony

Mini suite

Haven.

If you are a balcony on Breakaway or the other large ships then you would have Haven bidding but I don't believe you get that step if on the smaller ships.

Remember, some ships don't even have a Haven level. They are just Suites.

In my experience this is it... bid what you are comfortable with and pray to your God.

We decided not to do the upgrade because we are currently inside mid ship deck 8. I don't want to bid for a window and go down to deck 4 or 5. It's just 3 days and the bid for balcony isn't worth it to me, so I am going to save that extra $$ for parking. But... if the balcony bid was lower, I would consider. That is why I was wondering if they may end up sending out a different offer if they are still trying to fill the ship.