What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

You have to watch the terminology, Perks and Amenities are two different things, you get Perks when booking... UBP, Shore Excursion Credit... Amenities like Butler Service or Haven Access come with the category of room and are guaranteed.

Confusing wording though, as for group bookings Norwegian refers to UBP, shore excursion credits etc as amenities!

Wow! That's awesome! Did you just call the general 800#? I tried to do the same for our March 10 cruise, where mini-suites are now way less than what I paid for a balcony, and was told I'd have to pay almost $1000 each in cancellation fees to change. She even told me t hat I had a nice cabin and should be happy! Still waiting to hear about bid upgrades, but Haven is now showing sold out.

I called the 800 number. Ask to speak with a supervisor. There shouldn't be a problem if it's on the same sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the March 2nd sailing of the Pearl and hoping to hear on our bid soon. Has anyone else heard anything from that sailing? or the Pearl sailing on Feb 25th ? Wondering if anyone received upgrades since both sailings have been showing sold out for the past couple weeks.

Alright we just heard, both of our bids were denied. Epic on feb 24th. We bid in the poor range so didn’t expect much! We have a fantastic inside room right next to our friends right on the 9th floor by the aft elevators, so really not disappointed we didn’t get moved! We bid 75 on a balcony and 120 for a mini suite.

I called the 800 number. Ask to speak with a supervisor. There shouldn't be a problem if it's on the same sailing.

Thanks so much - just tried again and got someone else who said it shouldn't be a problem - she checked with her supervisor and it's done. Same deck but mini-suite. We gave up an angled balcony but I think travelling with my 18 year old daughter, we could use the extra bathroom space!

Thanks so much - just tried again and got someone else who said it shouldn't be a problem - she checked with her supervisor and it's done. Same deck but mini-suite. We gave up an angled balcony but I think travelling with my 18 year old daughter, we could use thet extra bathroom space!

GREAT!!!! I am so glad it worked out for you! Enjoy!!!!!

Quick question as a first time cruiser going on the Epic, March 17, for our Anniversary. We were finally assigned a balcony 14087 yesterday and received a bid for mini suites and haven suites today. Unfortunately we cant really afford the 500/1000pp for the haven stuff (although I would dearly LOVE to). So the question is would it be beneficial to upgrade to a mini suite from a balcony b3? Is there much difference?

I agree with the other poster. Bidding on a mini seems like a waste, that is why the minimum bids are so low. Many balcony rooms are better than mini's....better locations and some have much much better balconies. If you like your location, I'd stay with your room. If not, then bid.

We sailed on the Escape Feb 10-17.

Just before sailing the entire ship was sold out except for a few Havens. We had bid $200pp back in November to upgrade from an inside to a balcony and the indicator dial said we had a moderate chance to upgrade. Two days before sailing we were informed that our bid had been accepted.

We loved the balcony, the rest of our party was a little jealous.

For what it's worth we are Platinum and had already booked our next cruise.

We sail Saturday!! We should hear something either yes or no In just a few hours! Ugh!! Apparently most on our ship have not heard anything, and it appears to be sold out, so we shall see. Hoping for just an upgrade to balcony, as we are inside right now. And no ocean view rooms on the ship.

We sail Sunday on the Getaway and still waiting to hear 68 hours out from sailing. As a Note the ship was only 3/4 full yesterday and shows sold out today which my TA says because they are filling the upgrades and really not sold out. We are in a Mini Suite and bidding on Havens with our bids in the "Fair" range on the dial/scale... we have our fingers crossed as the bidding is now closed and won't let me change my bid!

We sailed on the Escape Feb 10-17.

Just before sailing the entire ship was sold out except for a few Havens. We had bid $200pp back in November to upgrade from an inside to a balcony and the indicator dial said we had a moderate chance to upgrade. Two days before sailing we were informed that our bid had been accepted.

We loved the balcony, the rest of our party was a little jealous.

For what it's worth we are Platinum and had already booked our next cruise.

A belated Congratulations!!!

I think there is an issue with modifying bids this evening. I am not able to save mine either 🤪 darn it I was hoping it was some sort of a signal that I was in the process of being a Upgraded. Lol I change mine everyday I don’t like this new system at all. Waiting up to 78 days is nuts and by the end of it I’ll be nuts as well ;p:D

I think there is an issue with modifying bids this evening. I am not able to save mine either 🤪 darn it I was hoping it was some sort of a signal that I was in the process of being a Upgraded. Lol I change mine everyday I don’t like this new system at all. Waiting up to 78 days is nuts and by the end of it I’ll be nuts as well ;p:D

ha ha I was hoping the same. We sail March 3

Ok so we leave on the Breakaway March 4. We're OV and bid on Balcony and Mini Suite. I just noticed the price of the OV had skyrocketed to higher than either a Balcony or Mini Suite? Why would this happen and is this a good or bad sign for my chances at upgrading?

Ok so we leave on the Breakaway March 4. We're OV and bid on Balcony and Mini Suite. I just noticed the price of the OV had skyrocketed to higher than either a Balcony or Mini Suite? Why would this happen and is this a good or bad sign for my chances at upgrading?

I am very new to this bidding process, so i May have no idea what I’m talking about.

The same thing happened to the aft balconies for our March 10 Epic trip. There were about 15 left and each day, the price went up about $50, then the ship sold out within a couple of days. So, if there are still rooms available, you still have a chance. I think our chances are slim. Good luck.

What I would do is call NCL now and ask them to bump you up to a mini suite at no additional charge.

I am booked on a BD balcony room on deck 11 --- I bid on a mini suite balcony because it looks like it has slightly more room and since this is my first cruise, and I am afraid of claustrophobia - it made sense to bid ... cruise is in a little more than a month and so far I haven't heard anything...fingers crossed!

I think you might have gotten your upgrade :):)

If so please post your bid please!

We did get it! Sailing on the Dawn on 2/25. We booked Family Oceanview with the 5 free perks cyber Monday deal. We only got an offer to bid on mini suite because we have 4 people and the balcony rooms on Dawn are a max of 3. We bid $300/person at 80 days out and it was accepted with 48 hours to go.

So total we paid $3,200 (with travel insurance) for a mini-suite for 4 and all 5 perks.

We did get it! Sailing on the Dawn on 2/25. We booked Family Oceanview with the 5 free perks cyber Monday deal. We only got an offer to bid on mini suite because we have 4 people and the balcony rooms on Dawn are a max of 3. We bid $300/person at 80 days out and it was accepted with 48 hours to go.

So total we paid $3,200 (with travel insurance) for a mini-suite for 4 and all 5 perks.

WOW Amazing deal!!! Congrats. Have fun cruisin!

I am also on BA sailing March 4. We booked a guarantee inside deck 13. Bid 135pp 2 weeks ago for balcony. 1 week later my bid was accepted. Received a category BA, midship deck 11.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Well I think this shows the theory that inside is more likely to be upgraded holds true. I bid similar over 2wks ago and my bid was not accepted to move from an OV to either balcony or mini suite. So I think this myth had been confirmed. You are more likely to get upgraded from an inside than an oceanview.

It appears its about how much more they get after they have your original payment. So while someone in an inner with that bid would overall be paying less than I'm offering to move to the same level, they paid less initially so they are paying more now if even only by $5 than I would be paying now. So for argument sake. We both book at the same time and they pay $600 and I pay $700. During bidding and past cancellation, they have that money already period so its irrelevant and a clean slate. They bid $130 and I bid $125. Yes I'm offering to pay $825 overall and they are only offering to pay $730 overall but..overall is irrelevant they have the first money, right now they are paying $5 more than I am so my guess is what you paid initially is only part of the process in that you can bid more later but it doesn't appear the overall price is being taken into consideration.