What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We leave on the Pearl march 2nd and my DH went in yesterday and decided to up a couple of our bids. He than went ahead and pre-paid gratuity and booked me the thermal spa. This morning I checked my email and there was one from NCL stating they noticed a change in our reservations as a result they were canceling our bids. Now I was able to go back in and place them again. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

We leave on the Pearl march 2nd and my DH went in yesterday and decided to up a couple of our bids. He than went ahead and pre-paid gratuity and booked me the thermal spa. This morning I checked my email and there was one from NCL stating they noticed a change in our reservations as a result they were canceling our bids. Now I was able to go back in and place them again. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

Yes, it happened to me yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be fine paying $6,000 for the Haven, but I have two kids with my so I would have to pay 10k. I don’t understand why, because I have kids sale free.

I was reading the policy posted on the bidding process and rules. This is #9 “If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.”

I was reading the policy posted on the bidding process and rules. This is #9 “If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.”

Yes, but I am talking about paying for the room, not upgrading. It is the same price for 2 or 4, with free guests.

Man, all these folks bidding a grand or more per person for the Haven upgrades make me almost 100% sure our $750 - $850 per person bids on various Haven rooms are going to be rejected. :(

We're on the Escape April 14th in a mid-ship balcony now, which will be great I'm sure. Just REALLY started jonesing for the peace and quiet the Haven offers after reading countless reviews about how chaotic the Escape can get.

Wow... my minimum bid for a Haven upgrade was over $1000 to start. Not sure how you got lucky with being able to bid less than that.

(Different sailing, I'm headed out in May to the Mediterranean, not sure if that has anything to do with it.)

Edited by Sailing12Away

I would be fine paying $6,000 for the Haven, but I have two kids with my so I would have to pay 10k. I don’t understand why, because I have kids sale free.

Each cruise is always different for the Haven. I think the poster that said 6 is on a different cruise. I could kick myself for the week I picked out too, since if I was going two weeks earlier in May on the same cruise, my room would be 2 grand less, But oh well. But on your cruise it is only 10k if you are limiting yourself to the two bedroom, since that is the currrent cost of that room. The Aft and forward facing could be had for around $8500 and sleep 4. I'm talking paying,not bidding. The cost is the same for 2 or 4, other than the port charges, etc as long as that is offered as a perk for your cruise (which I believe it is).

So I had bid and then cancelled it. I just got another email about our chance to bid. If they are still sending the emails out does that mean they still need to fill those beds?

Yes, but it also could be that since they know you bid before they still want to tempt you. They want as many bids as possible and they are learning just who might try to bid, and also who might go in and up a bid.

Yes, but I am talking about paying for the room, not upgrading. It is the same price for 2 or 4, with free guests.

this depends upon the current booking extras. Sometimes NCL has "3rd and 4th guest sail free". Then other times, NOT FREE. Got to check website or call in.

I think my bid for a balcony cabin may have been accepted. I looked online at my checking account and there’s a pending debit card charge for $212.75. I bid $100 per person to upgrade from an inside to a balcony and I used my debit card. We cruise a week from today on the Dawn. I hope it’s true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think my bid for a balcony cabin may have been accepted. I looked online at my checking account and there’s a pending debit card charge for $212.75. I bid $100 per person to upgrade from an inside to a balcony and I used my debit card. We cruise a week from today on the Dawn. I hope it’s true.

Yup, looking good!

Go to your bid. If it says processing-you got it! Hope you did!

For CLARITY people. The BID website will say 'Processing' and you will see a 'Pending' charge on your card if your upgrade is successful.

I've seen many posts about not hearing about your bid until a few days before boarding, but wonder if others have gotten a response much sooner. The website says anytime after you post your bid...have you heard early? My bids are in and I'm enjoying the process...checking several times a day, and I'm 76 days out!

I've seen many posts about not hearing about your bid until a few days before boarding, but wonder if others have gotten a response much sooner. The website says anytime after you post your bid...have you heard early? My bids are in and I'm enjoying the process...checking several times a day, and I'm 76 days out!

It is very exciting! We didnt get our response until 2 days before sailing. Makes sense that they would wait and see if they could sell at higher price. On the other hand, if you submit a really high bid they might accept it as the acceptable price they are willing to accept for that cabin and that sailing. Hope you get your upgrade!