Single, First time on The Anthem

buffi001

I am a recently widowed single man who hasn't cruised on RCL in several years. I booked a 12 day cruise

on the Anthem for January, 2018. I would love to hear some first hand tips on dining options, reservation procedures and anything else you think would help me enjoy my cruise. I will admit I am a little reticent about

the "single" thing, having always cruised with my wife in the past. I am a Diamond status member, and have booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin. I'm very grateful for any advise....Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome to CC, and glad to see you're interested in getting out there. I'm sorry for your loss. There's a solo cruisers forum here at CC with lots of friendly, helpful people. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

You may want to post your question there.

Roz

I am a recently widowed single man who hasn't cruised on RCL in several years. I booked a 12 day cruise

on the Anthem for January, 2018. I would love to hear some first hand tips on dining options, reservation procedures and anything else you think would help me enjoy my cruise. I will admit I am a little reticent about

the "single" thing, having always cruised with my wife in the past. I am a Diamond status member, and have booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin. I'm very grateful for any advise....Gary

What date are you sailing? I am on 1/28/18. There are quite a few solo repeat cruisers on the Jan and Feb Anthem cruises. The SB solo balconies are very appealing. I'm sailing on Tues in a SB guarantee which was assigned as a DO balcony. You might want to monitor that category if you're willing to trade an unobstructed balcony for an obstructed balcony for a solo price. I love the real SB cabins, but I'm willing to get a much larger obstructed cabin at a solo price.

You should also join the roll call. Many of the solo cruisers are women. We usually describe ourselves as solo cruisers because we travel alone, but our marital status includes married, widowed, divorced, and single. The focus tends to be traveling status rather than marital status, which makes it very comfortable.