Shuttles in NZ Ports?

LokiPoki

Hi all... we're on an NZ cruise on Dawn Princess in a month(ish). Extracting information from Princess makes pulling teeth look like an easy and pleasurable experience :eek: - so can anyone tell me

1/ whether Princess organise a shuttle service from Port Chalmers to Dunedin (and if so, what they're currently charging) and

2/ for those ports where we're not able to walk through the port area (Napier, and I think Wellington - not sure if there are others) what sort of transport is provided? Are we talking local buses, tour bus, van? (Trying to figure out if I'll be able to get on and if I'd get my chair on - chair folds, family can get me up/down a couple of steps if need be).

Ta

We've only cruised around NZ on Celebrity so things (eg costs) might be slighly different on Princess.

In Wellington they contract with a bus company for the shuttles and they are tour buses. I'm sure they'll be most helpful getting you onboard the bus. There was a charge, I think, but I can't remember what it was.

I think it was the same in Dunedin but we didn't use the shuttle as a family member picked us up.

Not sure about Napier.

We will be going to all those ports in another week or so, again on Celebrity, so I'll double check for you. Princess prices might be cheaper but I suspect the rest will be the same.