Playa Mia-best option for toddler?

missmartin

Long time cruiser, first time with a toddler. I was originally thinking of swimming with the dolphins but they said he had to be at least 3. Last time I was in Cozumel we just shopped and I want to do more. I came across Playa Mia on this board. I saw it and Mr. Sanchos. Playa Mia seemed more toddler friendly to me but has enough where adults (4 of us), can enjoy too. A few questions:

Do you think this is the best option with a toddler?

Does this place sell out? Should we buy in advance or just get a taxi to take us there?

Are there any discounts available for this place?

Would you recommend the food/drinks here or na?

Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Muchas gracias :)

Michelle

Long time cruiser, first time with a toddler. I was originally thinking of swimming with the dolphins but they said he had to be at least 3. Last time I was in Cozumel we just shopped and I want to do more. I came across Playa Mia on this board. I saw it and Mr. Sanchos. Playa Mia seemed more toddler friendly to me but has enough where adults (4 of us), can enjoy too. A few questions:

Do you think this is the best option with a toddler? Yes

Does this place sell out? Should we buy in advance or just get a taxi to take us there? Never heard of it selling out; you can book in advance through their web site

Are there any discounts available for this place? Lots of different package deals; some cruise lines offer an excursion to Playa Mia including transport

Would you recommend the food/drinks here or na? Food is reportedly good

Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Muchas gracias :)

Michelle

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature.

My opinion is yes, Playa Mia is a great option with a toddler. The water park they have for the little ones will be great. Right beside that is a HUGE pool and on the other side are 2 water slides. They also have a smaller older pool down by the beach as well. They have kayaks, a playground for the kids and also some type of play area (maybe for sitting services???). But plenty to do (water related) for adults and kids. Check out my review. There's tons of pictures in it. The only thing that is missing from my review are the water toys in the ocean (they didn't have them up the day we were there) .:)