What to do with luggage after cruise?

Florida_cruisers

On the day we arrive back to Seattle from our cruise to Alaska, our flight leaves at 10:30pm. I am trying to figure out what to do with our suitcases while we tour the city. I know that the cruiseport can store them until 3:30pm but then what? We would still be at least 5 hours from checking them at the airport. Suggestions?

I don't know of any luggage storage in Seattle other than the piers, and a couple of vendors who will store for an hour or 2 while you use their attraction, like Ride the Ducks.

Your only option might be to take a shuttle/taxi to the airport (30 minutes) and drop your luggage at Kens Storage near the luggage carousels. Then walk 10 minutes to the Light Rail station and take it downtown: 40 minutes, $3pp. It will cost you 2 hrs of sightseeing time, but you're not short of time.

OR, rent a car for the day and store your luggage in the trunk. Pay $25 to park the car somewhere then sightsee until you're ready to drive to the airport. ( I'd probably choose airport storage unless I was planning to go Mt St Helens or somewhere out of town.)

Edited by mapleleaves

Check and see if your ship has a program that will take your bags to the airport for you. There will a fee of some sort but it will solve your problem. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP CLOTHES TO PUT ON THE NEXT MORNING as you will have to have your bags out early in the morning for them too be collected. The next time you see your bags is when you get home. It should be posted in the ships paper you get daily or you can find out at the service desk.

You can also look into checking your luggage for the flight early. When we disembarked at FLL, we took a cab to the airport (11 am or so), checked our bags for our 830pm flight, got our boarding passes, and went off to a seafood restaurant for several hours. Came back to the airport and headed for security. No problems.

On the day we arrive back to Seattle from our cruise to Alaska, our flight leaves at 10:30pm. I am trying to figure out what to do with our suitcases while we tour the city. I know that the cruiseport can store them until 3:30pm but then what? We would still be at least 5 hours from checking them at the airport. Suggestions?

According to your signature you're cruising in the Explorer of the Seas from Seattle to Alaska. RCCL has a luggage valet program for a fee that's offered at varying ports. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard the Explorer of the Seas to see if the program is offered out of the port of Seattle for your airline.

• 3 months later...

This was going to be a problem for us as well. Our flight is at the same time. We looked into storing it at the airport. We are flying in from Vancouver, spending the day and Seattle and then taking the red-eye back to Nashville.

Based on the cost of store bags it was just as affordable for us to rent a car and just keep our bags in the trunk instead of paying for that and 2 Ubers or cabs into downtown.

When it looked at checking in our luggage early it was going to be way way too early for the 10:30 p.m. flight. I looked at general information and then our Airline directly. I would be nervous to leave my bags at the airport for about 10 hours or more before my flight . I would be certain that's how they would get lost. Sitting on some trolley somewhere in the back of the baggage handling facility.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Yes, very interesting.

I would call the downtown Nordstrom store at 500 Pine St to verify. Please post back with the answer.

I just called. It's the Concierge Service that handles it and it is complementary. Use the 6th Ave entrance. Sundays they close at 7pm.

It's first come, first serve, no appointments necessary but occasionally they do fill up. The number is 206-628-2111 if anyone has additional questions.

• 7 months later...