Transport to Divi Little Bay

We are thinking of going to spend some time at Divi Little Bay when in St Martin, and wondering what our options will be for transport over there.

How long and how much will a taxi be?

Certainly on the way back, we plan to have a look around Philipsburg before going back to the ship.

Will it be best to get a taxi to the town and then catch the water taxi from there back to the ship?

$20 for 2 each way, plus tip. Takes about 20-25 minutes depending upon traffic through Phillipsburg.

You can ask your driver to drop you off at the water taxi pier at the end of the boardwalk closest to Divi Bay. From there you can stroll along the boardwalk or front street and just turn along the harbor side and walk back tot he port (5-10 minutes). Great gelato place on the boardwalk as it turns right near it's end. There is a small walk bridge and a taxi stop on the other side that will take you to the cruise port, but unless the water taxi is right there or coming in, you'll be able to walk back before the taxi reaches the stop at the cruise port

We are thinking of going to spend some time at Divi Little Bay when in St Martin, and wondering what our options will be for transport over there.

How long and how much will a taxi be?

Certainly on the way back, we plan to have a look around Philipsburg before going back to the ship.

Will it be best to get a taxi to the town and then catch the water taxi from there back to the ship?

The cost from the pier to Little Bay is $12 total. From Philipsburg it would be $10 total. These are one way prices for 2 people.

The cost of the water taxi is $5 for one trip and $7 all day pp.

Time wise is generally 10 minutes to 15 minutes.

I would personally ask to be dropped off by the courthouse in town and walk back to the ship starting on Front St and making my way to the boardwalk.

Hmm, may be our $20 for 2 was with tip! We did get caught in traffic coming back so that could have flavored my memory of the time. I still thought it was closer to 20 than to 15 going though. Guess we had Mr Pokie's cab.:D

:) Timing is everything on St. Maarten. We have gone at a snails pace more often than I want to remember.

Is it easy to get a cab back into Phillipsburg? Or should we schedule some time for that as well?

There is a resort there with a taxi stand. Should not be an issue getting a taxi back. If there is not a taxi when you need one to go back just ask at the front desk or the beach restaurant and they will call one for you.