Bottomless bubbles to buy or not to buy

scubaman

Will be on the breeze in may and we are trying to decide if we should buy the soda package or just bring out own. What are the pros and cons of the soda package.

It's all about breaking even for me. Sodas on board are right around $3 each. If you will drink enough each day to break even, go for it.

Don't forget, you can carry on 12 cans for each person and you can repeat at each port, if necessary. Agreed, that is a hassle and another possible benefit to getting BB.

If you regularly drink soda throughout the day it's worth it, the program is what $6.95 a day? A can of soda on board is about $3, so if you have 3 a day you got your money's worth, and don't have to worry about lugging a 12pack of soda around on embarkation day.

Not to hi-jack your post, but i have a question on BB that could also be of interest to you. John Hearld showed a pic of the new mug you can buy for $25 on his facebook account the other day. He said it holds 32oz. My question is if you bought this with you BB package would they then fill it with 32oz of soda each time you went to the bar?

Note that on the BB program, you are NOT getting cans of soda. It is fountain drinks only....the same stuff you get free refills from in all fast food restaurants.

My last cruise the bar tenders poured soda from a can into a cup with ice.

Note that on the BB program, you are NOT getting cans of soda. It is fountain drinks only....the same stuff you get free refills from in all fast food restaurants.

Carnival does not have "fountain" drinks on board. All sodas come from a can (with some very small exceptions at a few of the bars).

This is also about breaking even for me. I buy Bottomless bubbles for everyone in my family who drinks more than three cokes a day. I do not want them to worry about what they are spending on drinks and I want them to enjoy their cruise. I also do not want to end up with the bill my youngest daughter would incur buying her cokes. Bringing cokes just seems like a hassle to me.

My DS got the BB.. he likes the fruit punch (they will make their own)

what does come out of a can is sprite zero.. and coke zero

He did take advantage of it.

My DH and myself brought 12 pks of diet pepsi.. (did have FTTF so didn't mind) also we ordered water 12 pks pre cruise too.

My DS got the BB.. he likes the fruit punch (they will make their own)

what does come out of a can is sprite zero.. and coke zero

He did take advantage of it.

My DH and myself brought 12 pks of diet pepsi.. (did have FTTF so didn't mind) also we ordered water 12 pks pre cruise too.

I'm definitely adding BB for my DS and DD- my son is 14 so it's worth it for us to just prepay for BB instead of getting the tab at the end of the cruise for his drinks. I do wish the BB included milkshakes/coffees, etc- I think it would be worth a few extra bucks to allow him and my DD to get bottled waters, milkshakes and stuff like that.

Here's the skinny on Bottomless Bubbles. A 16 oz glass of soda w/ice, which is what you get on BB, is $1.50 each. So as long as an adult on the program is drinking 4 or more sodas a day they have broken even, the children's price is less so 3 sodas a day will do it for them. Off program a 12 oz can of soda or a 8 oz juice is $1.95.

Cups of juice are also included and many bartenders will make mocktails on request as part of the BB program. Some of our favorites are

Virgin sunrise = OJ, pineapple juices, sprite, w/ grenadine.

Mock mimosa = OJ and ginger ale

Paradise punch= grapefruit and pineapple juices w/ simple syrup, grenadine, and touch of guava sweetener.

As to what sized cup you are served if you have your own tumbler, say a trevis or a souvenir one, a bartender will fill those but a roaming drink server generally does not. Simply reason is a wandering server may not be able to keep track of whose cup is whose.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Here's the skinny on Bottomless Bubbles. A 16 oz glass of soda w/ice, which is what you get on BB, is $1.50 each. So as long as an adult on the program is drinking 4 or more sodas a day they have broken even, the children's price is less so 3 sodas a day will do it for them. Off program a 12 oz can of soda or a 8 oz juice is $1.95.

Exactly! I usually drink about 3 sodas a day, but I will drink a bit more when I have the BB card. Plus, if I have a soda and it gets warm or flat, I just get a new one. So I know it just about breaks even for me. And for our son, it definitely does! He doesn't usually drink soda (although I'm sure he gets it a little bit more when he's hanging in the teen club). But he often drinks pineapple juice, and will drink 4-5 in a day!

And honestly, now that we're booked on a RCI cruise for the summer, I miss the Carnival BB program. Just to get a soda package, it's $10/person (kid or adult). And if you want one that includes the juices (and coffees & sodas), it's like $30/day! :eek: We're definitely not doing the bigger package, that's $240 for our cruise! Not only that, we have 4 long port days, so we really won't use it. Even though they do charge like $3+ for a soda. :(