Cruise Port Day in La Coruña

Camillus112

We are thinking of using the Hop On Hop Off bus to see the main sites in La Coruña. Unfortunately we are in port for only one day. Can anyone tell me if there is a stop near the cruise port? We will be in a 300 passenger ship, to give you an idea which port would be probable. Also, how far is the downtown area from the cruise ports? Walkable? We are avid walkers and do not use ship shuttles unless the distance is too far. Thank you for any information you can share.

Hello

From what I recall there's not that much to see at A Coruna. After we went to Santiago de Compostela we walked the 2 miles from the ship to The Tower of Hercules. If you want to do that allow about 30 minutes to walk back to the ship. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]7-IqpTL-nDc[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]PNSzwenfqas[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you, Cornishpastyman1. We have already visited and enjoyed Santiago in a previous visit. In fact, we were particularly lucky to see a group of pilgrims entering the Cathedral while the "butafumeiro"was swinging from the dome. Enthralling! However, we did not see any sights in the city at that time and we would like to do the Ho Ho bus to have a feel for the landmarks and architecture. Do you know if the bus stops anywhere near the port? Thanks!!

Thanks, Rotherman_Cruiser, we prefer to stroll around town. Great that we can just walk from the pier to town. We will certainly enjoy a fish lunch!!

We have a picture somewhere of us stood near Deportivo's stadium and you can see the Emerald Princess's funnel above the buildings on the other side of town. Really is a gentle walk to see virtually all the new town and much of the old town.

Always enjoy going there.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

We were there in 2010, and walked to the Tower of Hercules in the morning (a nice workout going up!), then wandered around town for the rest of the day. I don't recall a HoHo bus, but we definitely didn't need one to have a lovely day. Enjoy!

We were there recently and took a 2 hour local coach tour for 15 euros which stopped at the Tower of Hercules and three other locations, The guide was very knowledgeable. I'd read about the tour previously so was looking out for it, but they were handing out flyers and tickets as you walkrd from the quay into town, so you can't miss it. For the rest, we just strolled around the town and had a coffee.

Thank you so much for your replies!! We are back from our cruise and we're positively charmed by A Coruña. We are good walkers and were able to cross cross the town and enjoy its flavor. I recommend a visit to the Fine Arts Museum, both the inside of the building and collections are beautiful.