Walls of Neptune Suites Metal?

tgetz

I have heard various people post that all cabin walls are metal and magnets will stay on, and I have heard others say no. As many times as we have sailed on Holland, I have never really checked. This next trip will be a world cruise so I really would like to know if the walls in a Neptune suite on the Amsterdam are metal. I seem to remember they sort of look like wall paper, but I know it wasn't wall paper. If anyone knows this answer for sure, I would really appreciate the information. Thanks in advance

The magnet worked on the Nieuw Amsterdam on our recent cruise, but has failed on other ships though I can't remember which ones - we usually sail the R and S ships and an occasional Vista ship.

DH uses those removable sticky tabs things (3M) to put up large maps on the surfaces.

I have found on all HAL ships that if you use a very heavy duty magnetic hook or any strong magnet (found at Lowe's or Home Depot) it will hold on the wall where as a lightweight magnet will not. The ceilings are definitely metal and I have hung a pocket shoe bag to hold stuff by the dressing table where there was not enough drawers to hold my stuff in a regular cabin. Have a wonderful World Cruise!

We were on the Volendam late last year and found that the walls of our cabin (an Oceanview) were not magnetic. I broke a souvenir magnet from an earlier cruise in trying! I had always thought the walls were magnetic but not so in this case.

thanks for everyone's reply , but I would still love to hear from someone that has been in a Neptune Suite on the Amsterdam, if possible, about whether those walls are magnetic. We have always sailed in either Neptune or what they now call Pinnacle, but i have never checked to see if the walls will hold a magnet.

thanks for everyone's reply , but I would still love to hear from someone that has been in a Neptune Suite on the Amsterdam, if possible, about whether those walls are magnetic.

Just a suggestion: perhaps if you posed your question on the World Cruise thread posted by John & Diane they would find out for you?

I'm reasonably sure they are not in a Neptune, but am willing to bet they have friends who are. :) (they seem to be a sociable couple.) They do read replies to their thread, and go out of their way to be helpful to those who post questions.

Worth a shot!

I thought about doing that but hated to bother them.

If i don't get an answer here soon, I will. I could also ask Bill and Mary Ann if they have friends in a suite. I could always ask HAL home office, but we know that would not get a correct answer. Once we were going to be in the Pinnacle suite and they gave us a special number to call if we had any questions. I did call and the person said she would email the ship and get an answer. She waited a few days and sent me an answer. It was about where the extra bed was.I was going with a girlfriend on that trip. The answer i received was so totally wrong that i could only laugh when we got on the ship. No way did anyone really go down to the cabin and look where the bed was. But i like your suggestion. thanks

I thought about doing that but hated to bother them.

A lesson I learned a long time ago: If you don't ask, you don't get. ;)

I could always ask HAL home office, but we know that would not get a correct answer. Once we were going to be in the Pinnacle suite and they gave us a special number to call if we had any questions. I did call and the person said she would email the ship and get an answer. She waited a few days and sent me an answer. It was about where the extra bed was.I was going with a girlfriend on that trip. The answer i received was so totally wrong that i could only laugh when we got on the ship. No way did anyone really go down to the cabin and look where the bed was. But i like your suggestion. thanks

I've never stayed in a Pinnacle Suite, but (other than the Prinsendam and Koningsdam), even I know the answer to that question. :rolleyes:

Doncha love some of the answers Seattle gives out. :eek: