Deluxe Beverage Package question for Independance ?

shelleyo

Hi Guys,

For all you seasoned RCI customers, please can you answer a question?

We have been on two cruises with NCL and really enjoyed those, this will be our first time on the Indy. And we booked a cruise which incorporates the "Deluxe" drinks package, we are not sailing till September, however I have spotted a couple of items on the CC site that says that some clients have experienced an increase in prices on the drinks supplied, ranging from $13 to $15 each.

Our package states drinks up to $12 each, is this the norm or are the prices well over that so you have to pay the difference ?

One of the reasons for choosing this cruise from Southampton was the whole package and I hope that RCI are going to have a selection of all beverages in the $12 range, we normally like beers during the day and a glass or two of wine in the evening finishing off with a cocktail as a nightcap. I have written to RCI, to query this, wondering if you have the drinks package if they increase this to $13 to cover their increases, just so we can budget if we do have to pay the difference, however I have not heard from them.

So if any of you lovely fellow cruisers can assist, we would be more than grateful :)

Indy is $12 for the package but most drinks (as of the last couple of menus I've seen) are within that range. Top tier premium booze is typically more, but nothing I've seen indicates that you'll be struggling to find drinks within the package. The main exception seems to be wine, as there are fewer wines within the package limits, it looks to be an ok selection but not great.

Almost all drinks are covered by package ( had package last 4 cruises) only thing we paid extra for was some wine by the glass and some scotch ( that were over 15 year old), if you do order a 15 dollar glass of wine you will pay 3 dollars and tip on the 3 dollars

Almost all drinks are covered by package ( had package last 4 cruises) only thing we paid extra for was some wine by the glass and some scotch ( that were over 15 year old), if you do order a 15 dollar glass of wine you will pay 3 dollars and tip on the 3 dollars

You've caught my attention.

Is there a scotch bar on Independence? What sort of selection and prices do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums