Specialty Dining packages - Solstice

keets-oz

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, I couldn't find an answer.

How does the 3 dining specialty package work... when I go to book it online it only allows me to select Day 1 and a time. It doesn't ask what restaurant I want to dine at or the days/times for the other 2 dining days. Do I need to purchase the package and then I can select the days/times & restaurants, or will I need to sort that out once on-board?

I have a special occasion that I want to use the one of the dining days from the package for and would hate to miss out on dining at the restaurant I want because I had to wait till I on-board to make the reservations. Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure you organise it once on the ship which is why I booked my birthday dinner now, didn't want to miss out on my restaurant/day.

Plus I have heard they offer discounts during the cruise for specialty restaurants so thought I could wait and see for those.

It will be our first Celebrity Cruise on 1/3, really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is how the reservation system works for the packages. You can take care of the other times when you get on the ship.

If there is a particular day and time you MUST have, then book it before you leave as an individual reservation. There is a real good chance of getting your day if you can wait but you may be taking a risk. Note that the "formal" nights tends to book up real fast. The first night typically has great availability.

We just did the 3 dinner specialty package on 2 week Eclipse cruise. We reserved one date and time when we bought the package. We booked the other 2 once on board. If you don't do it right away, you may not get your choice time. Although the food was good, I am not sure I would do it again. It is hard to fit in a show the night you dine. Preferred Tuscan and Murano over Qsine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, I couldn't find an answer.

How does the 3 dining specialty package work... when I go to book it online it only allows me to select Day 1 and a time. It doesn't ask what restaurant I want to dine at or the days/times for the other 2 dining days. Do I need to purchase the package and then I can select the days/times & restaurants, or will I need to sort that out once on-board?

I have a special occasion that I want to use the one of the dining days from the package for and would hate to miss out on dining at the restaurant I want because I had to wait till I on-board to make the reservations. Thanks for the help!

When you get to your room there will be a card with the time on it you have chosen and a named restaurant for the first or second night. Go immediately to see the M'D of any of the speciality restaurants (they will be at the door of each). If you don't like the allocation for night 1/2 they will change it for you. They will then sort out your other bookings. The sooner you do this after boarding the more likely you are to get the exact times you want. When we were on the Solstice last year Murano's booked up really quickly although the other restaurants had offers for early/late dining.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

When you get to your room there will be a card with the time on it you have chosen and a named restaurant for the first or second night. Go immediately to see the M'D of any of the speciality restaurants (they will be at the door of each). If you don't like the allocation for night 1/2 they will change it for you. They will then sort out your other bookings. The sooner you do this after boarding the more likely you are to get the exact times you want. When we were on the Solstice last year Murano's booked up really quickly although the other restaurants had offers for early/late dining.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for this info. We just booked a 3 night package for a 20% discount, and were able to use our OBC. This helps, since it's our first time doing a specialty package.