Fort Lauderdale – Largo Mar or Hyatt Pier 66

Corfe Mixture

No, I'm asking because I suspected it would be Alamo and they have a new location on Keller Drive that shuttles to and from Port Everglades. There is no longer a shuttle from FLL.

With Budget you need to drop it at the 1515 SE 17th Street (behind the Renaissance) and take their shuttle to the port.

Thanks or that. I knew that Budget was off airport but hadn't checked the location. 1515 SE 17th Street is interesting. My current booking shows drop off at 100 Terminal Drive which I believe is at the airport. However, if we decide to stay at one of the hotels on the west side of the bridge on 17th (and perhaps go to the Boatyard for dinner) it would make excellent sense to drop the car off on 17th and then walk to the hotel.

Taxi from there to port is clearly going to be less than $25 for the parking at the hotel.

Do you know if Budget run a shuttle to the port from the 17th Street drop off?

Need to think this through. If I decide to keep the car, after dropping off the bags at the terminal, I will want to take the car to the drop-off which has a shuttle. If I decide to return the car the previous evening then it pushes me towards either the Hilton or perhaps the Renaissance.

Just need to think through my options and come to a decision on whether or not I am going to keep the car overnight.

On the subject of the Alamo rental at the end of the cruise, thanks for the information, but not really going to be a problem as I will get on the shuttle at the cruise terminal and as long as it takes me to Alamo, I guess it won't really matter if it is at the airport or on Keller Drive (do you mean Keller Drive or Eller drive?), though my voucher is showing Terminal Drive which is, of course the airport. Having said that thanks for letting me know as without that information, I would have blindly gone on believing that Alamo / National still run a shuttle between the port and the airport.

Thanks or that. I knew that Budget was off airport but hadn't checked the location. 1515 SE 17th Street is interesting. My current booking shows drop off at 100 Terminal Drive which I believe is at the airport. However, if we decide to stay at one of the hotels on the west side of the bridge on 17th (and perhaps go to the Boatyard for dinner) it would make excellent sense to drop the car off on 17th and then walk to the hotel.

Taxi from there to port is clearly going to be less than $25 for the parking at the hotel.

Do you know if Budget run a shuttle to the port from the 17th Street drop off?

Yes, that is why I suggested it.

Need to think this through. If I decide to keep the car, after dropping off the bags at the terminal, I will want to take the car to the drop-off which has a shuttle. If I decide to return the car the previous evening then it pushes me towards either the Hilton or perhaps the Renaissance.

There are a couple hotels in the area that don't charge for parking like Holiday Inn Express across 17th Street from the Renaissance.

Just need to think through my options and come to a decision on whether or not I am going to keep the car overnight.

Maybe Budget will let you drop it off the night before (which would be to their benefit) and then let you ride the shuttle the next day.

On the subject of the Alamo rental at the end of the cruise, thanks for the information, but not really going to be a problem as I will get on the shuttle at the cruise terminal and as long as it takes me to Alamo, I guess it won't really matter if it is at the airport or on Keller Drive (do you mean Keller Drive or Eller drive?), though my voucher is showing Terminal Drive which is, of course the airport. Having said that thanks for letting me know as without that information, I would have blindly gone on believing that Alamo / National still run a shuttle between the port and the airport.

If your reservation is for FLL and you go to the Eller (yes, Eller) Drive location it could cause you problems, delays and no car. They are apparently being somewhat flexible right now since the location is new, but there will be a high demand at Eller Drive for a limited amount of cars. Usually you would get a lower total charge at non-airport locations because they don't have the high taxes and fees you get on rentals at the airport. As an Alamo Insider I am getting a pay now total of $69 for an economy car, picking up March 4, 2017 at Eller Drive and dropping at PBI. Oddly, for the same date and car I'm getting a lower total rate at FLL of $51.45 pay now rate. There is no complimentary shuttle to the airport, though, so you would have to pay about $12-$15 for a taxi there (Uber lower).

If your reservation is for FLL and you go to the Eller (yes, Eller) Drive location it could cause you problems, delays and no car. They are apparently being somewhat flexible right now since the location is new, but there will be a high demand at Eller Drive for a limited amount of cars. Usually you would get a lower total charge at non-airport locations because they don't have the high taxes and fees you get on rentals at the airport. As an Alamo Insider I am getting a pay now total of $69 for an economy car, picking up March 4, 2017 at Eller Drive and dropping at PBI. Oddly, for the same date and car I'm getting a lower total rate at FLL of $51.45 pay now rate. There is no complimentary shuttle to the airport, though, so you would have to pay about $12-$15 for a taxi there (Uber lower).

Yup, I share your concerns about picking up and dropping off from a different location to that shown on the voucher and have discovered that, if I change the Budget rental (from Key West to Fort Lauderdale) to a 17th Street drop off, the price is the same and so, as I have free cancellations, I will cancel and rebook with a 17th Street drop off this morning.

Haven't been able to get the Alamo Eller Drive location to pop up as an option on my Fort Lauderdale to PBI booking but will keep checking.

As I said earlier we get on line deals, through an agency, which include the term 'not available to US / Canadian licence holders' and I pay in Sterling, so any comparison is probably irrelevant. However, as you have brought up the subject of rates, FWIW my booking with Alamo, for a Full-size car with free cancellation, Collision Damage Waiver, Third Party Liability, Theft Protection, Supplementary Liability Insurance (all with $0 excess) and Unlimited Mileage, at current exchange rates, works out $53.06.

Probably worked this thread to death between us, but a big thank you to everyone who provided me with so much useful information

Yup, I share your concerns about picking up and dropping off from a different location to that shown on the voucher and have discovered that, if I change the Budget rental (from Key West to Fort Lauderdale) to a 17th Street drop off, the price is the same and so, as I have free cancellations, I will cancel and rebook with a 17th Street drop off this morning.

Haven't been able to get the Alamo Eller Drive location to pop up as an option on my Fort Lauderdale to PBI booking but will keep checking.

When I go to alamo.com and type "Fort Lauderdale" in the Pick-up Location box two choices come up...FLL and Port Everglades. Actually, when I typed in "Port Everglades" it pops up.

As I said earlier we get on line deals, through an agency, which include the term 'not available to US / Canadian licence holders' and I pay in Sterling, so any comparison is probably irrelevant. However, as you have brought up the subject of rates, FWIW my booking with Alamo, for a Full-size car with free cancellation, Collision Damage Waiver, Third Party Liability, Theft Protection, Supplementary Liability Insurance (all with $0 excess) and Unlimited Mileage, at current exchange rates, works out $53.06.

Yep...It's hard to beat that rate with all that included.

Probably worked this thread to death between us, but a big thank you to everyone who provided me with so much useful information

You have a convoluted itinerary so it takes a little more work.