Buying Shares?

Pardon my ignorance..... I keep seeing threads or references to shareholder credits. I've got to the website to check out how it works, but I'm not a "savvy investor". I know I'm asking for personal opinions, not that of any investment advisor, but my question is, are you purchasing these shares because that's the sort of investment you like to make anyway, and the shareholder credit is gravy, or are you thinking the shareholder credit makes the stock worth buying?

Thanks.

My husband is buying shares within his IRA, because he would like to diversify a bit. We like the Royal Caribbean product, and we are Diamond members, and we sail with them pretty regularly. If they continue to extend the shareholder credit, it would be a nice perk of owning the shares. The onboard credit amounts are much larger than the usual dividend amounts paid by most stocks. JMO.:)

It depends on how often you go on cruises. The stock has been up and down in the past year and I would suggest you look at a chart before you purchase any. You get $100.00 credit on a 7 night and $50.00 on a 3-4 night cruise. Again, you don't get any benefits unless you are cruising other than a small dividend. So if you are going to cruise several times a year it would be beneficial otherwise I wouldn't purchase it just for that. Hopefully, it will continue to go up and we can all make some money. Good luck.

It depends on how often you go on cruises. The stock has been up and down in the past year and I would suggest you look at a chart before you purchase any. You get $100.00 credit on a 7 night and $50.00 on a 3-4 night cruise. Again, you don't get any benefits unless you are cruising other than a small dividend. So if you are going to cruise several times a year it would be beneficial otherwise I wouldn't purchase it just for that. Hopefully, it will continue to go up and we can all make some money. Good luck.

To add a bit more information--you get a $200 credit for a cruise of 8 to 13 days and $250 for cruises 14 days or more. Our credits have almost paid for the stock! And it's tax free to boot :p It is also valid on any Celebrity cruise in the same amounts.

The shareholder credit is directly from RCI. It has nothing to do with Travelocity or any TA. The shareholder credit has been extended through (I believe) May of next year, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that they continue to extend the benefit. You need a statement from your brokerage firm, and a request form. Someone will, hopefully post the link, because we are also new owners.:)

The shareholder credit is directly from RCI. It has nothing to do with Travelocity or any TA. The shareholder credit has been extended through (I believe) May of next year, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that they continue to extend the benefit. You need a statement from your brokerage firm, and a request form. Someone will, hopefully post the link, because we are also new owners.:)

Great! Thanks!!! Please someone post the link!

Except that if you have to own the shares AS OF April 15, 2005. We would not be eligible for this year's offering, Erin. :confused: That might be a bummer.

That date issue has been addressed before. There are no restrictions on date of purchase. Send in your info and get those perks! By the way, I send mine in by e-mail as soon as we book a new cruise, even if it's over a year away---so I won't forget! :p

Except that if you have to own the shares AS OF April 15, 2005. We would not be eligible for this year's offering, Erin. :confused: That might be a bummer. Is that what it means, do you think?

All that means is that your not eligible if you sell your shares before April 15th 2005. If you sold your shares after April 15th 2005 you would still be eligible to get the discount. Anyway, all you need is to send a copy of a broker statement dated after April 15th 2005 showing that you have at least 100 shares.

Archived