On the Conquest, door slamming epidemic on this ship

thesawch

I was on the Conquest last week. Our stateroom door kept slamming. It didn't have anything to help it close gently. Most of the time I remembered that it was like that and closed it slowly, but sometimes I didn't and the door slammed.

Yeah they don't have anything to help with that. That's why you have to hold the door as it closes and not just walk through and let it close on it's own. It not hard to do. You just have to be willing and remember to do it.

I have to admit, my DH has medical issues, both mentally and physically. I usually have to enter the room first, hold the door and wait till he passes to quietly shut the door. I also confess that sometimes, I have my hands full or forget and let him enter first, the SLAM, then I have to remind him to HOLD the door and close it softly, I get this blank stare from him and I am sure #$%^%^ from the other cabins.

Ugh! Slamming doors? May 20th will be my first CCL cruise. After 12 RCCL cruises I'm going to test the waters with a group of friends. I cruised RCCL FOS in October and there is also a drop in the level of food on RCCL also. But never heard any doors slamming. Never even hear voices in the halls. It seems they are all nickel and diming us now. I have never paid for yoga in the morning before and this time it was $12! Are they all doing this now? Ugh again!