carnival Fantasy????

casperbks

I parked in the parking garage at the port. But, as I said, if you can avoid unloading your luggage downstairs, avoid it at all cost. Go straight up the ramp and find a parking space and wheel the luggage yourself. You'll avoid the left and right sides where luggage is unloaded and avoid having to tip a porter to bring your luggage inside. I also pre-paid for my parking ahead of time, so that sped the parking process up a bit.

Thank you for taking your time to help us. Do you carry your luggage all the way to the ship?

Happy Friday, Bobbi

Thank you for taking your time to help us. Do you carry your luggage all the way to the ship?

Happy Friday, Bobbi

I didn't see my luggage anymore until I got to my cabin once I dropped it off with a porter inside the lower level of the parking garage. I did have a large backpack I used as carry on luggage. I had my essential items inside, like a change of clothes, medicine, etc.

Just a little FYI. If you buy any alcohol in Cozumel, Carnival will check it in and hold it until 0600 the day you disembark. The same goes for any alcohol you buy on the ship. You'll have from 0600-0900 to pick it up in the Discoteque. I bought two bottles of 100% blue agave tequila and Kahlua in the duty free shops on the dock we ported at. I didn't see them again until I picked them up just before we debarked the ship.

It does. If your bottle has a screw off top, you can open it in your own room.

Corkage fee can be charged in the MDR whether you have a cork or a screw top. Your room steward will provide a corkscrew for you to use in your room if you ask, at no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The corkage fee has nothing to do with whether your bottle has a cork or is a screw off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From Carnival's website:

Liquor and Beverage Policy - Effective July 9, 2015

For safety reasons, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person.

A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar.

Needless to say, I never bring alcohol on board. I rarely ever drink any type of alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...

Open your wine in your room and pour yourself a full glass. Take that glass to dinner with you but do not bring the bottle. You will not be charged for bringing a glass of wine to the dining room but if you bring the bottle whether it is already opened or not then you are going to be charged a fee.